NMM Sanguinor

Hemal

Well, after being suitably inspired by Joe T and Darren Latham in the Eavy Metal Masterclass this weekend, I've opted to shelve most of my projects (until I get my Airbrush at the very least..) and proceed with this beatiful model (Albeit not as good a mould the original metal)

20131202 214048

ANy critique, criticisms appreciated.  I had Darren's model in front of me for reference but will be working "blind" from now on...

I'll be redoing the chalice possibly as a crystal chalice to balance out the crystal sword, and the plan is to paint the chains using nmm but some of the trim around the gems will be true mm..

Click on it, then right click the picture again on the new page and select "Large". Nice big format for you ;)

Concerning the painting, I had one though when I saw it: hot dayum!

That is some nice, clean NMM right there and I really envy your skills! Good luck with the rest of the model :tu:

Cheers guys.  I'm a "confidence player" and hearing good feedback tends to be a virtuous circle for me.  The picture was only taken with my phone TBH, I can try and get better pictures as I work on the model
Can anyone recommend a decent daylight lamp btw?  I need one as the current lamp I have is way too small (its a small reading lamp..) and I loved teh ones Geedub used

Next steps are trying to get the deep shading done and a few glazes of yellow, green, purple etc to add a bit of depth to the reflections (I actually added a tiny bit of purple to the deepest brown I used above)

Can't suggest any bulbs myself as I don't live in the UK or know much about the subject, for that matter.

Better pictures would be appreciated, but not necessary at this stage since they're fine for seeing the progress you've made. However, when you finish the model, I'd love to see some high quality pictures :)

Thanks for the compliment sir, judging by your avatar you have insane skills also!  Love the rich purple and smooth white finish...

Nice will see what I can do to use those with daylight bulbs.  Looking for a low heat bulb so I can keep the room cool and avoid drying paint on my palette, of course I'll have the obligatory hairdryer standing by ;-)

The bulbs in those lamps are not daylight. I often find those give off a blue tint. Oh, and those don't really get hot either. There is a place in Whitechapel called 4D which may be worth a look. I've also seen people recommend a tribulb lamp but they're £100+

Thanks for the compliment too.

Yeah, we just put a daylight bulb in in the dining room, and it's ever so slightly blue, which is really odd when you've gotten used to dingy yellow. If you've got a hardware shop locally they should be able to help you out.

Dragonlover

Archived