Courage and Honour. A wee Ultramarines commission

Ivanzypher

Hey guys, I recently did a small Ultramarines commision, thought I'd share some pics.

Tactical Squad

Tac Marine

There are also a Rhino and a Razorback, and a Marneus Calgar. I'll have pics of them up shortly 

Anyway, enjoy guys! Criticism is always welcome.

They look super crisp, but I'm not gonna lie it bothers me when peeps mix armor marks willy-nilly. The trim-less shoulder pad should always be used with the studded shoulder pad, IMO, on a Mk. 6 body and Mk. 6 legs. 

I know it's really just my hang up. They look great. Nice bases, too! 

The way I look at it is, when suits of power armour get 'sploded, odd surviving parts get mixed in as replacement parts on other suits etc. Leading to mis-matched suits. I seem to recall this type of thing mentioned in the fluff somewhere. I can fully understand why you dislike it though. Just personally I love mixing them. Especially on older chapters who would be more likely to have surviving bits of older marks lying around.

Anyway, thanks for the comment mate.

looking good, no doubt.

I'd paint those studs on the Mk6 shoulder, they look somewhat unfinished.

Also, I think the sergeant's pose turned out... Less succesfull. He is kinda hugging his gun while he's holding out his sword straight.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry for the delayed response. Been away for a few days. Thanks for all the comments folks. In regards to the shoulder studs, I can never quite decide whether I prefer them painted or left the colour of the shoulder pad. I tend to mix it up a little. As for the Sergeant's pose, Brother Tyrax has the right idea.

Archived