If thousand sons were to be recosted

hummus

make the unit start at 125, i'd be fine with em then. You could bring a few as nice objective holders without breaking the bank. would but the sorc at +10 too which is where i think he should be with that garbage tz psy chart. Id take em at current price if our sorcs didn't HAVE to pick from the god lore.

You have to remember those sorcerers have force weapons included as well, and with a lesser version of them (power weapons) costing 15 points for a regular champ. A sorcerer is a 35 point upgrade to the squad at the moment, and imagine 15 of those is his force weapon, and the 20 is the psyker level...a 10 point discount as well as not limiting his power to tzeentch would be nice. The regular guys are not that bad though, and are just 1-2 points too much. What really hurts them is their indesicion about what to do though. They are tough, but also fragile, they have firepower, but also not. All depending on your opponent, they will be good or bad. For them to be able to take 2x Heavy bolters or something for extra firepower against the masses would be great...

Well, that should be included in the sorcerer rules, as long as he is alive, they have relentless instead of SnP...

This i singularly the best adaptation of 5th ed, id love to see this applied either faq or in a TS suppliment. It singularly would make TS a viable unit.

Well, that should be included in the sorcerer rules, as long as he is alive, they have relentless instead of SnP...

This i singularly the best adaptation of 5th ed, id love to see this applied either faq or in a TS suppliment. It singularly would make TS a viable unit.

Funnily enough, one of the greatest times I've had playing my TS was in the early 6th ed, before the chaos codex hit. Aspiring sorcerers with mastery 2 and telepathy! :D

Funnily enough, one of the greatest times I've had playing my TS was in the early 6th ed, before the chaos codex hit. Aspiring sorcerers with mastery 2 and telepathy! biggrin.png

Oh god those were good days, aspiring sorcerers were actually usefull, they were actually pykers rather then a piss poor special weapon dude.

I think it would be impossible to make them work in their current incarnation, whatever price you put on them they still won't be good (alright alright making them the cost of a marine would be stupidly good) but still, they'd still be bad at representing a Rubric Marines.

I still think 2W and Daemon of Tzeentch instead of the current rules would be nice. Would make them resilient in a whole different way than Plague marines, but still similar.

...and definitely more fluffy...

Honestly I don't think they need to be cheaper because ultimately they are AP3 4++ marines with a force weapon on the sergeant that have VotLW as standard. What needs to be added to make the cost make more sense is an extra mastery level available to the aspiring sorcerer thereby allowing him to make full use of tzeentch or take a second power from another discipline, he should get a spell familiar that allows re-rolled perils (not just failed) tests and as someone said the sorcerer while alive makes them relentless, if the sorcerer is dead the rubrics return to slow and purposeful.

If all that was included in the cost now then they'd work. I mean they are still damn good now, don't get me wrong, but they could fit a little better with those changes IMO.

Archived