They Nicked Our Mortis! :-(

Dark_Master

And the sad tradition continues...

First our Tornadoes, now our Mortis.

Why is GW so intend on us having nothing unique except for our 1st/2nd companies?

Oh, and our lack of decent AA of course.

I just hope we'll get some nice unique stuff in 30k that doesn't get passed around like the village bicycle.

Good news - lascannon Mortis got a points drop

Bad news - Everybody gets them!

DM

This might seem like a daft question, but points drop compared to which publication? I'll be honest, there are so many releases and re-releases of Imperial Armour books that I have completely lost track of which is the most up-to-date tongue.png

Good news - lascannon Mortis got a points drop

Bad news - Everybody gets them!

DM

This might seem like a daft question, but points drop compared to which publication? I'll be honest, there are so many releases and re-releases of Imperial Armour books that I have completely lost track of which is the most up-to-date tongue.png

I'm comparing to the free pdf on the forgeworld website.

Base cost went up the cost of a combi weapon, but auto cannons went down by the same amount so no change there.

Lascannons cost the same as a PFG, so overall went down in cost.

No option for venerable Mortis dreads thou :-(

The restriction of 0-1 has gone as well

DM

Sucks no Venerable Mortis - I never knew there was a 0-1 restriction - I've always ran them in pairs when I've ran them...  Their 3rd brother is sitting in pieces yet to be built...  

Same price is good.

Is the book worth the price tag?

Paul

Only if it's listed in their entry in IA22E, so no.  Codex: Dark Angels certainly doesn't let you slap DWV on anything you like, even within the codex!  I suppose what you were hoping for is a meta-rule in C: DA along the lines of "any vehicle in a DA army may be given the DWV upgrade," but sadly this is not the case.  A few vehicles that make sense in a "pure" deathwing army (dreads and land raiders are, I think, the only ones) are given the option/requirement, that is all.

That would be nice!  My books are in transit, so I can't reread the rule, but I think the DWV option is listed as an upgrade in the army list section under each separate vehicle entry.  It would have to be a general rule stating "any land raider fielded in a DA army blah blah blah" in order to be applied to non-codex units, and I'm sure that's not the case, unfortunately.  Actually, an Achilles would be insane with DWV, since it laughs at melta weaponry...combine that with damage table rerolls, and IT WILL NOT DIE!

And now you guys know how we BA felt when the Stormraven was given first to the GK and then everyone else, a pox on GW and their money-grubbing ways!

You say that as if C:SM doesn't seem to always end up as C:DA 1.5.

In fact, how sure are we that Guilliman was actually just the publisher of the Codex Astartes and it's actual writer was Lion El'Johnson? In the grim darkness of the 40th millenium, surely it wouldn't take much to confuse the two...

That would be nice!  My books are in transit, so I can't reread the rule, but I think the DWV option is listed as an upgrade in the army list section under each separate vehicle entry.  It would have to be a general rule stating "any land raider fielded in a DA army blah blah blah" in order to be applied to non-codex units, and I'm sure that's not the case, unfortunately.  Actually, an Achilles would be insane with DWV, since it laughs at melta weaponry...combine that with damage table rerolls, and IT WILL NOT DIE!

Isn't there a list of upgrades to make a relic vehicle included in the book, one of which is venerable? So even if you could only take one, Iron Hands could easily do that (minus the preferred enemy part).

Archived