They Nicked Our Mortis! :-(

Dark_Master

That would be nice! My books are in transit, so I can't reread the rule, but I think the DWV option is listed as an upgrade in the army list section under each separate vehicle entry. It would have to be a general rule stating "any land raider fielded in a DA army blah blah blah" in order to be applied to non-codex units, and I'm sure that's not the case, unfortunately. Actually, an Achilles would be insane with DWV, since it laughs at melta weaponry...combine that with damage table rerolls, and IT WILL NOT DIE!

Yes it's under the individual entry lists. There is no general entry. (Guess it stops people trying to make there predators etc deathwing vehicles)

DM

Sucks no Venerable Mortis - I never knew there was a 0-1 restriction - I've always ran them in pairs when I've ran them... Their 3rd brother is sitting in pieces yet to be built...

Same price is good.

Is the book worth the price tag?

Paul

From my quick looksy, yes.

The Sicarian looks good as well, was going to try and get a Fire Raptor if I got any cash for Xmas, but probs go for this tank instead.

DM

And now you guys know how we BA felt when the Stormraven was given first to the GK and then everyone else, a pox on GW and their money-grubbing ways!

Pffft, more like the BA finally knew what we felt when they passed our DA-Unique Land Speeder Tornado around to everybody (2nd->3rd editions).

So yeah, it happens to us a lot more than it does to other marine armies.

Kinda annoyed that I'll prolly have to end up buying the new book though, since I already got the old IA2.

And now you guys know how we BA felt when the Stormraven was given first to the GK

Yeah, that must have been a terrible shock. If only the unit entry in your codex had mentioned them using it, or they'd covered the sprue in Grey Knights icons. Anything to break it to you more gently.

Were there any major changes to the Chaplain Dread or the Lucious Pattern Drop Pods ?

Paul

Don't know sorry.

I only had a few minutes before the wife got home and took my Xmas present off me.

Looked at the Mortis, contemptor Mortis, Sicarian and a quick peak at the fire raptor.

DM

Having very briefly skimmed the rules in the book, I must say we did very good. smile.png

We have access to almost everything (along with Codex: Space Marines), the main exception being the Storm Eagle Roc Pattern. Still get the normal one though. For some reason the Space Wolves and my other army, the Angels of the red variety, are missing a couple of essentials such as the Contemptor. Didn't see their own previous Contemptors in this book either, so I'm guessing they will be released later when said chapters get their 6th Edition books.

Since we get such a nice selection of new toys in this book, I don't mind that Codex: Space Marines get the normal Mortis (and only one per detachment). We still have no limitations, so it still is "ours". I also caught a nice fluff snippet, that the reason the Unforgiven Chapters field so many Mortis Dreadnoughts might be because of their very sophisticated targeting arrays, which helps them in the Hunt.

There's also a mention of our tightly-guarded STCs of the Nephilim and the Dark Talon, which the Mechanicum really covets. If they only knew the rules haha... tongue.png

There's also a mention of our tightly-guarded STCs of the Nephilim and the Dark Talon, which the Mechanicum really covets. If they only knew the rules haha...

Rofl. Nice

It's more that they want to add it to their catalog.  The fighty men of mars laugh at both, but the archivists...they're the ones driving this.

There's also a mention of our tightly-guarded STCs of the Nephilim and the Dark Talon, which the Mechanicum really covets. If they only knew the rules haha...

Rofl. Nice

It's more that they want to add it to their catalog.  The fighty men of mars laugh at both, but the archivists...they're the ones driving this.

That may very well be true, an Archive is the only appropriate place for that piece of junk.  

Rofl. Nice

That may very well be true, an Archive is the only appropriate place for that piece of junk.

What about a fileshredder?

Archived