beating be'lakor

khurdur

Brethren...we face a new threat...

Be'lakor...released a few days ago on a dataslate

he clocks in at 350p, he has a typical DP statline with added 4++, shrouded but no power armour, eternal warrior, wings and lv3 psyker with the full lore of telepathy. Oh and S7 sword in close comabt with mastercrafted, fleshbane, armourbane.
He's a HQ choice for both CSM and daemons.
He could lead a monster mash army, or CSM with oblits and heldrakes. He just fly around making himself units shoot each other and himself invibisible.

Ideas? mephiston maybe as he lacks a black mace or instant death?

Be'lakor is an extremely good character and he'll be making a scene in my army lists quite often from now on. That being said, he is still just like any other daemon prince in stats with the exception of the 4++ save and shrouding. The way many people would be using him is moving from cover to cover where he can to benefit from a boosted cover save wherever possible. That being said, many of his psychic powers require him to be within 24 inches of an enemy so honestly your best bet of taking him down would be the tried and true bolter fire. Enough concentrated damage would take him down.

Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm more worried about a Deamon Prince with a 3+ save and Biomancy to be honest. His ability to embrace cover is annoying, but if you could lock him in combat, you could take him out with volume of wounds. On the charge with Furious charge, you'll wound him on a 4+. He'll kill a few guys on the way in, but you could put out some hurt (unless he's flying around, in which case he's a lot less of a threat).

Archived