Finished Minotaurs! ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TheForgottenAngel

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ? Well said! biggrin.png Although I may need to edit it out - English-speaking forum an' all...

Fantastic army there - great metallics and the use of green as a spot color! And you got tanks, drop -pods, the lot!

Impressive stuff Crusader Weber!

Nah, the Greek language creeps up in bits around the Imperium, it is acceptable and befitting.

haha Capt Semper I thought you would like the Greek saying. It is very befitting this army and it is fluffy! Thank you all for the kind words! Better pictures will be posted on Coolminiornot so vote on them when that happens!

From what my buddy Stavros told me about the banner was that it was difficult to get it just right. That is why it wasn't added to the top due to all the folds. The FW Brass Etch is top notch stuff though and I've used it before as well. The FW Transfer sheets are great too.

Greek stays! biggrin.png

This is outstanding work mate - the more I look at it the more in awe I am... That running dreadnought... blink.png

Just so you know, once I recover from the holidays and the Army actually pays me what it owes me (Damn you sequestration) Stav will be painting lots of black for that one project that shall not be named whistlingW.gif

First of all, fantastic looking army Weber, the paint jobs are :cuss flawless.

Second, how big is the turret ring for the deimos predator turret/scorpius turret in relation to the standard razorback mount plate's ring hole?

Lastly, consider that chaplain raider's black distribution paint scheme yoinked when it comes time to make a Prometheus for my army, that really stands apart. 

hey hey The_Chaplain,

thank you for the kind remarks! In regards to the Predator turret ring there is an inner peg that you can't see. I haven't tried to transfer it to a razorback yet (I don't own one) but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work but the Whirlwinds should as the rhino kits are GW with FW resin components around the basic frame.

I actually took the inspiration from Ivanus Enkomi's Storm Eagle concept art from the Fall of Orpheus and thought it was a great way to distinguish it from future land raiders. If you want more pictures you'll have to purchase the book or use google. I don't wait to spoil it for Forge World. The predator is what we decided to model the vehicles after, minimalistic and very militant. It's how our vehicles were in Afghanistan and we were going for realism.

FORTUNA MORI - Storm Eagle

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130801171260/warhammer40k/images/1/1b/Fortuna_Mori.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130803144442/warhammer40k/images/0/09/Minotaur_Predator_Annihilator.jpg

Crusader Weber, that makes a considerable amount of sense both in terms of inspiration for the scheme (I actually didn't even remember the fortuna mori until you posted it there, I can see the similarity now) and the reasoning behind the "simplicity" so to speak, with the military two tone.   Very cool stuff man, what's next on the docket to be painted?

The next thing on the docket will likely be the a Fellblade, Contemptor Mortis, and a Kratos God of War converted into a space marine to be a Chapter Master for this army, Warpforged Minis are doing the sculpting very soon. However following that I'm going to focusing solely on a super secret project that involved a 1st Founding Chapter renown. Expect lots of conversion and character with the next one! That and I've got to get a lot of games in with the Minotaurs!

Archived