[Codex 6th] Update about SM: Codex ? (Mistake)

Zyth23

Hello there,

*UPDATE: I asked my friend, and got some answer about this question.*

So I just asked my friend today. And in fact, it's another guy who told him about this "official" update.

The guy is making some mix of rules, reading 50% of rule, affirming he's right when you can't proof him with text that he's wrong, etc.

Then there is no Heretical update to make Dark Angels looking as Astartes Toons.

*This topic can be locked / archived if needed*

--

*Main post base question:*

I have one friend, which play Dark Angels, who told me that the 6th Edition Dark Angels Codex recently got updated by Games-Workshop.

This update would include Point Cost changes of units to be closer of the 6th Edition Space Marines Codex. And also gives access, for Dark Angels, to units from the 6th Edition Space Marines Codex. (Like Centurions, StormRaven, Sternguards)

But I didn't find anything, except FAQ which doesn't include any update about that.

Does anyone heard about this Codex Update made by Games-Workshop ? (If yes, can you give me a link please)

Cordialy, Zyth.

Haven't heard anything on that front. I'm sure he was just pulling your leg. teehee.gif

Furthermore, this makes me think that is he truly even a Dark Angel, or just an Alpha Legionaire in disguise? As Onisuzume says, no self-respecting Son of the Lion would want anything to do with those Centurions...

Maybe he was daydreaming?

Also, I doubt many DA would want those abominations known as centurions in our codex.

Decent AA vehicles, on the other hand...

Haven't heard anything on that front. I'm sure he was just pulling your leg. teehee.gif

Furthermore, this makes me think that is he truly even a Dark Angel, or just an Alpha Legionaire in disguise? As Onisuzume says, no self-respecting Son of the Lion would want anything to do with those Centurions...

I mentioned Centurions, because it's a New Unit. (And because I like them, nice model and I'm an Imperial Fist-Chapter Successor player, as Black Templars)

My friend more wanted to use SternGuards Special Ammunitions / StormRaven / StormTalon / IronClad / Vanguards.

Correction, no self-respecting Son of the Emperor would want anything to do with those Centurions!

Eh, houserule it if no-one objects.

Doubt it'd ever be officially FAQ'd though.

And I'd rather just give the special ammo to the company vets, probably at a slight point increase.

That would sound more logical, but a bit cheaty if you look on the options that Vet can take compared to Sternguards.

I'll ask my friend tomorrow, and also ask him to show me the update file. (need to know where he saw that)

Eh, houserule it if no-one objects.

Doubt it'd ever be officially FAQ'd though.

And I'd rather just give the special ammo to the company vets, probably at a slight point increase.

That would sound more logical, but a bit cheaty if you look on the options that Vet can take compared to Sternguards.

I'll ask my friend tomorrow, and also ask him to show me the update file. (need to know where he saw that)

There is your problem. There is no file. If anything, go to the GW website, and look at the current FAQ. There is no mention of being able to use SM codex stuff. 

If a file is shown, it's a fake then. GW did not release any file of any sorts like that. 

Maybe he was daydreaming?Also, I doubt many DA would want those abominations known as centurions in our codex.Decent AA vehicles, on the other hand...

Haven't heard anything on that front. I'm sure he was just pulling your leg. :teehee: Furthermore, this makes me think that is he truly even a Dark Angel, or just an Alpha Legionaire in disguise? As Onisuzume says, no self-respecting Son of the Lion would want anything to do with those Centurions...

I mentioned Centurions, because it's a New Unit. (And because I like them, nice model and I'm an Imperial Fist-Chapter Successor player, as Black Templars)My friend more wanted to use SternGuards Special Ammunitions / StormRaven / StormTalon / IronClad / Vanguards.

Then be happy because GW released the centurion siege cohort datasheet totally playable by the DA (but without the DA traits or wargear)

Maybe this is an example of the game "telephone", such that someone said "There are rules that allow Dark Angels to get units from Codex: Space Marines.", but somebody took that somewhat vague statement to mean "Dark Angels get the stuff from Codex: Space Marines! W00T!!!" msn-wink.gif

Or this could be a case of the intarwebz, where we don't know the people (or their ages), and it could simply be a case of the friend is making this up simply because he wants to play with those units, meaning a case of "There is an updated DA codex that says I get to use this stuff." "Nuh-uh!" "Uh- huh!" "Okay. Now I gotta post a thread asking about this on B&C." Or the friend saw a fan-made Codex: Dark Angels somewhere that has all of those Codex: Space Marines units stuck into it, and assumed it was legitimate simply because it was well done. We really don't know what the deal is here, other than that none of us know of any officially updated Codex: Dark Angels with all of the Codex: Space Marines stuff put into it.

Maybe he was daydreaming?Also, I doubt many DA would want those abominations known as centurions in our codex.Decent AA vehicles, on the other hand...

Haven't heard anything on that front. I'm sure he was just pulling your leg. teehee.gif Furthermore, this makes me think that is he truly even a Dark Angel, or just an Alpha Legionaire in disguise? As Onisuzume says, no self-respecting Son of the Lion would want anything to do with those Centurions...

I mentioned Centurions, because it's a New Unit. (And because I like them, nice model and I'm an Imperial Fist-Chapter Successor player, as Black Templars)My friend more wanted to use SternGuards Special Ammunitions / StormRaven / StormTalon / IronClad / Vanguards.

Then be happy because GW released the centurion siege cohort datasheet totally playable by the DA (but without the DA traits or wargear)

The Centurion dataslate is for Apocalypse only....

Anyway, everyone knows that Centurion is a rank, not a suit of armour! msn-wink.gif

About C:SM i would only like grav-gun just because there is some in the tactical box and DA use it and AA tanks cause not everybody is happy to play with FW models...

I dont care about centurions...

But i Know we wont get them until 7th Edition... GW is not fixing the broken thins in our codex, i dont see them giving us new goodies...

This codex we have and we have to deal with it...

The Centurion dataslate is for Apocalypse only

Ah damn... Didn't notice the apoc reference on the top...

Fine then we stand protected from this big things

But i Know we wont get them until 7th Edition... GW is not fixing the broken thins in our codex, i dont see them giving us new goodies...

This codex we have and we have to deal with it...

They do... 6 months before the release of the codex

So in September 2017 we can hope an update :lol:

I dont think we Will have the new codex so fast... Next Edition DA wont be in the starter box so we Will have to wait several codices before their turn...

And i guess that this Edition Will stay Here more t'han 5th or 4th... I guess 6 years like 3rd edition... So I guess our new dex will be out in 7 years or more...

not before 2019 then...

If I was GW I would redo DA codex now... But I am not GW...

We're getting way off topic here.

Getting back on it - doesn't look like we've had a very recent FAQ Zyth23 - so maybe getting confused with an older one?

Cheers

I

Haven't heard anything on that front. I'm sure he was just pulling your leg. teehee.gif Furthermore, this makes me think that is he truly even a Dark Angel, or just an Alpha Legionaire in disguise? As Onisuzume says, no self-respecting Son of the Lion would want anything to do with those Centurions...

Surely you jest, no self-respecting playing would pay €3½ for that datasheet.

C:DA came out before C:SM, in fact the point costs of C:SM were brought more in line with DA, DA was by all accounts a testbed for the C:SM.

Unless your friend works at GW, what he's told you sounds pretty made up.  

You could also be trolling us!

Okay so I asked my friend.

Then he answered me: "It's a friend who told me about it."

And the actual person who told him about that is a guy who read 50% of rules, only keep what he like, mix rules from 4th, 5th, 6th, and says it's like that now and that's all.

Last time he told me that now Vehicles can rotate after ending the move, but not with the center point of the vehicle, with any face, meaning you can move further than the limit. And that time I didn't rememberred right / didn't found the page about the move for vehicles during the game so I accepted what he told me. But then I checked and I saw he was wrong and I was right about rotating on the center point to not go more than the max limite of move.

Then about what seems to have been updated, acording to the guys, some players asked why their tactical troops costed more than regular marines. (I checked, same cost and DA tactical have an aditional rule for free)

Then I searched what could be the thing he spoke about, and I think it's about the Scouts.

In Space Marines Codex, 5x Scouts = 55pts, then you can take 5x Sniper and 5x Cammo Cloak, and your squad will cost 70pts.

In Dark Angels Codex, 5x Scouts = 60pts, then you can take Sniper for Free and 5x Cammo Cloak, and your squad will cost 70pts.

--

Conclusion: No heretical update. (was a mistake from my friend who trusted a guy who imagine rules and think they are official)

The guy is blowing smoke. There is no way they would just shove CSM units into the DA list. Not by a long shot. There is way too much room for abuse (centurions/sternguard with dakka banner, etc). There would need to be a lot of rule re-wording and wargear cost adjustments.

Archived