HH Emperor's Children

Chickenleg

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad you like the chaplain, i finished him some time ago but didnt get the chance to take a photo. Added the final highlights and battle damage, somehow I cant take a proper photo of him without the purple reflecting light while keeping the black palette vivid at the same time. Anyway here he is:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/chaplainfinal11.jpg

I am working on multiple models at the moment, working my way towards a 20man mkii tactical squad (my favorite mark) and my Praetor.

Mixing the tactical marine stances as much as possible:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/cmarinewip.jpg

A small teaser:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/sgtteaser.jpg

Fresh out of the painting table is a mk ii sergeant, eye of horus denotes service with the Warmaster as seen in Betrayal:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/darkman1111/mkiisgt.jpg

Looking awesome- what a great purple!

Can't wait to see more HQ models- what is up next?

Post Maraviglia Praetor for HQ and the Kakophoni are next. smile.png

By the Throne... or the Primordial Truth or whatever floats their boats... EPIC can't even begin to describe that sargeant... WOW! He oozes confidence in a way that would make Papa Fulgrim himself proud. Actually he looks just like the loyalist ECs have looked in my minds eye after reading the HH novels; oozing arrogance for knowing they are fighters of unmatched skill. Beautiful colors and atmosphere.

Seeing this guy makes me wish he meets a fittingly gruesome end at Istvaan III. Would be a shame to see him turn traitor... ;)

GREAT JOB!!!

Love it. Apart from the Horus eye. I understand why you've done it but it distracts from the rest of the scheme and Horus is a fool who held back ;)

@ deathspectersgt7: Purple letters? Slaanesh! Thanks

@puplord: Thanks for the great input, the army is set on Istvaan V as you can tell from the bases, so yea he survived Istvaan III! The models have yet to show the corruption of the flesh, so i am working on something special...

@ forte: But... But... Horus is cool! I love Horus! haha, I had great fun sculpting and painting the eye but we all got our tastes! cool.png

In other news i am still waiting for the forgeworld kakophoni to arrive along with 4 different bits orders from various sources. Until then back to the mk ii marines..

The bases... Silly me... that's what I get for not paying attention to detail. ;)

Kudos once again on the Sgt - that claw... :wub:

I however feel that this guy needs to turn renegade once more. I mean a renegade of the renegade legion... Serving with Horus doesn't mean one is automatically an enemy of the Emperor, now does it? Look at poor mr. Loken. Poorn old Garviel was a great example... No, my mind has been made - he's actually a loyalist hiding in the Legion ranks on Istvaan V. No one dare to tell me otherwise - that perfectly lifelike and realistic skintone is a dead giveaway ;)

-Pup

Thanks for the comments guys, this is just the beggining! I hope!

That's some awesome painting! Are you willing to share how you got that life like skin tone?

Life like! A bit extreme dont you think?tongue.png Ok now with the recipe and on a black undercoat:

1.Tallarn flesh basecoat

2.Tallarn + scorched brown watered down for the first shade

3.Tallarn + scorched brown and a tip of black only in the deepest parts (this part is almost non existant)

4.Tallarn clean up

5.Tallarn + bleached bone on highlights zenyth style

6.Up to pure Bleached bone

7.Picking the strongest details like the tip of the nose and cheeks with bleached bone + white

Normally i use the new GW range for everything i make, but i trust this old combo too much to try anything new.I am sure you can do the same with the new range,possibly get better results, I just didnt try it yet myself. Hope this helps!

@Puplord: This poor soul is too far gone and he is damned for all eternity!! Muhahaaaahaaa

Archived