Kill Points Question

Calnus

Played a game against an Eldar player on Tuesday, rolled up Purge the Alien.  He had a couple units of Jetbikes with Warlocks attached, and when I killed each, he claimed they only gave up a single KP each because the Warlock was attached and not independent.

Seems to me, if you buy 2 units, they count as 2 KP, even if you split off to permanently attach one.  But I couldn't find a rule either way in the BRB, and it didn't have anything particular that we could find in his Eldar book.

Any ideas?  I know Wolf Guard and Necron Royal Courts do a similar trick, but no idea if they count for KP either...

To be clear, there are no Kill Points in 40k, just Victory Points. 

A warlock is purchased as part of a unit, which is then permanently attached to said unit, just like Wolf Guard and Royal Courts. In all respects, they count as merely an additional model in the squad, and do not give up an extra VP for being killed.

In the case of Wolf Guard pack leaders, although they are originally bought as part of a Wolf Guard pack, from the moment they are attached to, say, a Grey Hunters pack, they are counted as part of that Grey Hunters pack. Meaning that once all the GH's and their WG leader are casualties, you get 1 victory point. Assuming the warlocks are bought as an addition in the same way, I would say your opponent is correct.

Archived