DA christmas banner give-away (winners are...)

Pyro X

awwww so nice,

I would love a standard of devastation (banner alone, without any bearer)

Thanks

Edit 4 Pyro X:

Just one like this, i can provide the needed bits.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Space-Marine-Company-Standard-Flag-Large-Banner-bit-/00/$(KGrHqUOKkME4mZZv,)gBOKnb-H9-!~~_12.JPG

All my bearers have a pole with a magnet on the top of it.

So i can use the same banner depending what i need (tda,pa,bike).

OK guys I got good news and bad news.

Bad news. I am going be ending the time to enter tomorrow (12/21/2013) at 5pm CST. And will post who wins. The reason is I just found that we be seeing family and no idea how the net is there.

Good news. Because everyone was keen to enter, I will be drawing 3 people to win.

There will be one banner made for person on bike, power armour, and TDA.

This should make everyone's chances better and after the painting challenge is finished I will do another one.

Fear not this isn't the only time I will be doing these.

so here is where I'm at on making the banner for someone on bike.

gallery_62261_7149_1886896.jpg

1st I took a sheet of printer paper and cut it the same size as the banner that comes with RWK. I put a few dots of super glue in it as I made the bends to make it look like it was flowing. after that I painted resin on it and totally covered it. then I cut green stuff for the frame. Now I'm just waiting to see who wins it to add stuff in the middle :)

The drawing for the banner give away is finished:

For the bikes, Leman Russ SW (Dakka Banner)

For Marines, Maddoc (ret banner)

For TDA, Johnocum (fort banner)

grats guys. I'll msg you three and let you know when they are finished (I'll take pics and post 1st) to get your addresses then mail them out shortly after.

please remember to paint them before I'm sure everyone wants to see them as well.

Thanks everyone for posting, and I'll show them off as I finish
making them before I send them out and hopfully everyone will post them
painted soon after.

Pyro, I've loved seeing your work, and I'll try to do that TDA banner proper justice.

To the other winners, congrats as well.

The only 'bad' thing is that we might have to wait until April to see mine posted, as I go to Indiana for my job early in January until late in March.  Flying means no paints go with me, but you can bet anything you'd like that I'll be taking Unforgiven (either my GotC or the bit of 6th Company DA that I have allied with the CFs).

Pyro X:  Nice work overall, but I think you will find that working with thin strips of plastic will work better fine and flat details,  like borders and similarly flat and uniform details, than using thin strips of green stuff in many cases.  Thin plastic can be bent/folded enough to fit the folds on most areas of banners, and where it doesn't, that is where you fill it in with green stuff.

• 4 months later...

Hate to Necro this but I think it might be the best place to throw this up.

I took the time this evening to get the banner mounted and ready to go onto a Terminator.  

It needs to cure, but I will take pictures.  I wish I would have done a "how to" but I can describe it at least.  It's fully ready for Primer, so that'll be interesting.  There are some techniques on the banner that I'm not sure how I can work (like blending) but I do have a wet pallet to work with.  

At least it's some progress -_-

Paul

dang I forgot to get these banners out, I WILL get them out in the morning before classes start up. Also if need be I can add some how to videos on putting them onto the banner poles if people would like them.

I just got my banners on Wednesday.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/128349-bethor-with-standard-of-fortitude-resize/ is where my Standard of Fortitude has progressed to, especially when one considers that I work Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM (arrive at 7 AM to dodge traffic, home at about 5:30 PM, and sleep on military schedule of 9 PM to 5 AM).

I wanted to put this on a Terminator, but the back banner-pole is way, way too short for the banner to properly work with.

Archived