Stormlord Tansport Capability

Nusquam

So I heard stories of people putting devastators and sentinels on top of a Stormlord referring to some chart that lists what it can carry. I only own Escalation, so am I missing something or have people gotten carried away with old rules/ignoring allies rules of transports?

They might be going off the Apoc rules which allow you to fill a transport to capacity without worrying about the "only one unit" restriction in 40k?

That is in Escalation too. I'm referring to devastators from Code: Space Marines being inside a transport form Codex: Imperial Guard and the mechanics behind it. I guess for Apoc it could be that they aren't so much as allies now as one force because its the apocalypse but for Escalation its more along the lines of Battle Brothers entering an allied transport.

even in apoc you cant do that, its still a rule that units from different codices cant be in the same transport. As much as I would love to see calgar and 30 honour guard riding up in a gorgon. Although in horus heresy book 2 it said any legion can take a guard super heavy from 40k books and pay a few points to up the BS to 4 and count it as a legion lord of war. but then thats using a 30k ability for a 40k army :/

even in apoc you cant do that, its still a rule that units from different codices cant be in the same transport. As much as I would love to see calgar and 30 honour guard riding up in a gorgon. Although in horus heresy book 2 it said any legion can take a guard super heavy from 40k books and pay a few points to up the BS to 4 and count it as a legion lord of war. but then thats using a 30k ability for a 40k army :/

Where is that rule?  I found the transport capacity that allows Super Heavies to carry any number of infantry units that will fit in the vehicle.

Where is that rule?  I found the transport capacity that allows Super Heavies to carry any number of infantry units that will fit in the vehicle.

If you read throughout the book there are implications that the alliance rules do still apply. 

Its hard to take the Apoc rules as any firm sort of baseline as they are very much focused around do what ever you want

Indeed. Its also important to note the difference between apoc and escalation.

But most if not any treatise telling you to do that- or to put obliterator cult formations in there- is from the last edition of apocalypse, and at that time there were no such restrictions on who could go in what.

30 genestealers popping out of a thunderhawk? *shrugs* Whatever.

Its just a standard transport rule for it.

Archived