Dante Data Slate

sabbacca

Sorry let me clarify, I bought the "Warlords of the Dark Millenium: Dante" ebook from the black library, I am not positive if thats the same thing as a "Data Slate". It is all getting very convoluted for a newbie to follow lol. It includes his character profile and statline along with some of the rules but it doesnt include the two main ones from the Codex: Blood Angels as far as I can tell.

Guest pandion40

Wait what?  Can anyone shed some light on this?

http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Dante.html

I liked the background. It goes through the highlights of Dante's career. Going through the trials, going into the sarcophagus, how he became chapter master etc. there is a nice prophesy about him also from Sargon Eregesh. Storm Oracle of the black legion.

I would love a novel on a couple of events from his life but how he became chapter master stands out for me. He became chapter master mainly by being the last candidate still standing after a really tough victory for the blood angels that took them to the edge. He took the oath as chapter master still in his bloodstained and Brocken captains armour.

Guest pandion40

Just so everyone's clear you're basically paying £2.99 for what is basically a white dwarf background article with Dante's rules from our codex thrown in. It's a good one in my opinion but is still a rip off.

I baught it anyway as I love the Blood Angels and Dante is a particular favourite of mine.

Just so everyone's clear you're basically paying £2.99 for what is basically a white dwarf background article with Dante's rules from our codex thrown in. It's a good one in my opinion but is still a rip off.

I baught it anyway as I love the Blood Angels and Dante is a particular favourite of mine.

I agree with you, both with your assessment of the purchase and with your opinion on Dante :) Did you happen to see that there were two different points costs on the Mobile version and the ebook version?

It is not a data slate.

It is part of the "Warlords of the Dark Millenium" series, which began with Azrael, and contain fluff on teh character, and rules for using them in game.

The Dante one would just have some background, and Dante's current rules.

Morticon- There are no new rules in it. In fact it is missing Tactical Precision and Surgical strike from the C:BA. I think at this point I can say I was mistaken to call it a "Data Slate" as that seems to have the connotation of having new or additional rules, apologies for being misleading. My main reason for posting this was to see if anyone else noticed that the two downloadable versions have 2 DIFFERENT points costs for Dante. I dont know If I can post them here so please forgive me if I cannot, but the Ebook has him at 225pts and the mobile version has him at 165 points.

Guest pandion40

Pandion- i saw that, but it implies background only- no rules. Are there new/additional rules here?

Sorry I haven't been paying much attention to all these downloads from black library, I just bought this because it's Dante, so I missed the significance of the term dataslate. As others have said it's just background and the rules from the codex. I'm glad I bought it but objectively speaking it is in no way worth the money.

I feel I should point out that this isn't the first messed up GW's managed with the mass onslaught of digital publications and rules not being uniform. I'm almost tempted to get this for the fluff, but I can't help but wonder if most of it will end up reprinted when we get our next codex. Frankly, 165 points is probably a fair reflection of what Dante brings to the party without his Tactical Precision and his oogy-boogy mask of hexing (which, frankly, I feel deserves to go the way of the dodo). The optimist in me wants to say that the slip is because someone's accidentally put in current test rules for Dante whilst they're working on the new book, but that's dangerously close to wish-listing so I'll go no further :P

According to the epub version he is 60 pts less than current codex. Mask is still the same as is the rest his equipment but he doesnt have tactical precision or surgical strike. However i also dont see the word unique anywhere.... probably just an omission. And it does say the ax is a mc'd pw not specifically an ax. Might be my new captain proxy... when you think about it that way a captain with jp pw and ip is already 155 paying 10 pts for the mask artificer armor and an extra wound is just funny.

Do you mean like PDF codex Lemartes where for paying 5 points you could give your jump pack chaplain an extra wound, as well as a couple of extra buffs that escape memory? And there was literally no reason not to use him over a standard chaplain with jump pack? That was the point where I first started using special characters because you were frankly gimping yourself not to...

Back on topic, I think it's also possibly a reflection of what these 'warlords of the dark millenium' things are meant to be - the character and his equipment. Death Mask of Sanguinius and Axe Mortalis are his unique wargear, so they're mentioned; the other things get left out because they aren't a tangible part of Dante. I think the politest thing I could say is that it's phenomenally asinine to have the same character exist in multiple official digital media, with three different sets of rules/wargear/points cost (eBook, Mobile, and official Codex)

I am really leaning towards the 165 pt value being an error. My friend and I joked around that GW simply copy and pasted some text onto the tigarius release and forgot to change the point value since they are exactly the same price :). That being said, If I can take Dante in my BA army at 165 points that makes it almost worth the argument I will inevitably have regarding what initiative he strikes at with his "axe".

Archived