New to the Dark Angels and 40K.

Shinn

Hello everyone. I've just started getting into the 40K universes and game wise I've chosen the Dark Angels to play. I've read a few of the Horus Heresy books(On the 4th I think) plus a lot of stuff about the different chapters. Just recently a friend gave me a few Space Marines to start my army myself.

Once the rest of my stuff gets here I'll be able to post all of what I have so once that happy moment happens I'm sure i'll need you're helping making a decent list. ;)

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, December 17, 2013 - Over the top, not family friendly
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, December 17, 2013 - Over the top, not family friendly
Welcome to the rock! Now, take this goat and this condom to room 17. The condom is not for you, it's for the goat! If you survive three days of welcoming rituals *cough*hazing*cough*, you'll report to Veteran Sergeant Naaman for scout training.

true. if they don't mind proxy I'd say go do that. you know the size of the models really just make paper cut outs and write on them what each have and use 1 or 2 bikes if u need to worry about line of sight. that way you don't buy stuff you don't like. also if your wanting tac squads you can get dark vengance ones from ebay for around $12ish per squad, its a freaking deal.

Right now my biggest hurdle will be painting them. GW paints seem soo expensive it's like you don't have a choice but to be near perfection on the first try. I'd also rather paint my 'army' the original DA colors but I really don't know how well that'd fly with people.

First off, welcome to the Rock. :) I may be biased (okay I am biased), but I think you have made a good choice of army! :D

As to painting, don't worry too much about making mistakes. It's natural to learn as you go and, provided you keep your paints thin, you can always re-paint in the future. There are alternatives to GW paints, popular ones seem to be Vallejo and Coat of Arms - simply pick similar colours. Also, don't be afraid to alter the colour scheme slightly to what excites you. If you check the DA resources thread, you will see links to lots of painting tutorials which may also help you.

I'd also rather paint my 'army' the original DA colors but I really don't know how well that'd fly with people.

Consecrators FTW! thumbsup.gif

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274297-drs-consecrators-nephilim-done/?hl=%20consecrators

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/238179-captain-sempers-consecrators/?hl=consecrators

Here's a couple of links to some awesome Consecrators.... biggrin.png

Another option would be painting your DAs black with dark green highlights. It would give the impression of a green so dark it's practically black. Could work as a nice compromise.

Successor-Chapter the Consecrators, as facmanpob mentioned above, are another awesome route to take. smile.png

In the codex there is a little background. I find the Warhammer 40k wiki a good place to get a majority of background on successor chapters. Just go to the primary Legion (DA in this case) and on the right it shows a list of Successors with links and use those. Usually you get a picture with a paint scheme as well.

DoC

Archived