Kiavahr-Pattern Automata

Nusquam

So here is the start of my Kiavahran Mechanicum Titan Legion Strike Force(Name Pending, Which will include the rest of the *bunch of Xenos* and a Warhound Titan, all models being from the Armored Core and Metal Gear Solid video game series).

A Kiavahr-Pattern Mechanicum Automaton. I'm using an Armored Core model that will be painted black, red and white, I will hand paint mechanicum symbols and such later. This thing had a few hundred parts. It did not take a small amount of time to assemble ha.

Excuse the phone pic, I figured I would post this while the primer dries. You might recognize my Soul Grinder from a while ago I set next to it for scale.

Without further delay I give you the post-assembly/pre-painting update!

1456753_10151900229088737_897284899_n.jp1470357_10151900229168737_1836777300_n.j

Brother, several concerns spring to mind about this project:

An armored core 4/4answer core unit, more than any other iteration in the game franchise is way too slender and sleek looking for a basis of anything mechanicum related.  If it was an ac 5 kit? Sure, no problem, they are boxy enough that it'd be convincing with some work. An original generation core kit? absolutely it could work with some modification.   But why a NEXT frame model?  

You would have to cut it up and glue accessories on for it look the part, and doesn't that just make your soul weep? Even a little bit?  

For god emperor's sake man, that's a Kotobukiya kit! Hacking apart some cheap bandai gunpla master grade is one thing, but not the Koto kit!

Sorry, got a little carried away there, best of luck on this endeavor. 

Haha I see your concerns but this is mostly an excuse for me to not use Xenos models because they don't fit... my taste aesthetic... and to push my painting and modeling skills. That and since I've gotten into 40k I have only been building models that I can use in the game, despite all the other beautiful non-GW ones in existence. So this is a personal compromise.

Fan-Fic-wise its a re-imagine/alternate world off-shoot of stolen tech and localized advancement and cooperation with the Mechanicum, Ordo Xenos and Raven Guard on Kiavahr.

Model-wise I think the accessories it comes with are more than enough to represent what I'm equipping it with.

Have you considered playing them as Mechanicum knights? These are smaller single man titans roughly the size of a riptide (i can't remember the size of knights, but ever since i read the Mechanicum HH book, i have been enamoured by these guys).

And i agree, something more boxey and steam-punk would fit the mechanicum aesthetic.

If the knights had rules I would in a heart beat. I used to think allying Tau was dirty, they were my least favorite army but I realized through meditation that it was my own bias against "That Guy" Tau players. So I thought to myself "I want big stompy robots. What is the fastest way that makes them actually good?"

Tau

I like that the mechanicum has its own aesthetic, but I am not fond of it. Nor am I particularly fond of some aspects of the Tau aesthetic. Queue Armored Core models. Sexy.

I realize that this pushes the boundaries, but hey, just call me a crazy fluff heretic guy who likes big robots and likes to play 40k.

(I am on a massive strike-through text kick)

As a Armor Core player I feel creepy seeing Ambient in 40K, but damn, BFF make excellent precise weapon and fire control, so yeah, cool.

I'm out of Likes for the day! Take my Faux-Like! *Like*

I realize that this pushes the boundaries, but hey, just call me a crazy fluff heretic guy who likes big robots and likes to play 40k.

I'm much more into the chunky, clanky "Gothic" style for robots (would 40k "real robot" be "surreal robot"?), but robots are robots, and robots are good. thumbsup.gif

I will remind everyone that the only allowance for discussing Xenos, their rules, them as allies, etc, are found in the Tactica and Army List forums (the latter only if appropriate). Discussion and posting of AdMech labeled stuff is fine, but the continued inclusion of what Xenos rules something will use is a no-no.

"The Bolter & Chainsword exists to help people learn about modelling, painting, understanding, and playing with the Armies of Humanity, both Loyalist and Traitor, in the Warhammer 40k game universe."

Rules of the B&C

Archived