Iron Hands Techmarine/Iron Father

Martox

Ave gents,

Long time no posts. Again. Bad habits die hard, eh?

Anyway - for a while during the early portion of the year, I was umming and aahing over a Marine chapter, after stripping my Night Lords down for repainting by airbrush in the future. It narrowed down to the Star Phantoms (nice colour scheme & fluff) or Iron Hands (conversions! MORE conversions! MOOOORE!). In the end, Iron Hands won out as my need to cut up models and make them my own.

At any rate, I started on this guy when I got hold of the awesome Sternguard set. After a bit of wondering Chernarus tonight, I finished the build. So, for your critique and comments:

Cheers gents!

I like the smoothness of the integration between the plasticard, greenstuff and bitsmash that you pulled off more than anything; were that basecoated I doubt I would be able to tell the difference between the three. From that sense of seamless naturalism I love it, apart from the fact that I believe all techmarines should be on a bigger base due to that massive tech-harness. And gahhh drill those bolter holes! :D

Edit: wait, if that breastplate is your work then insert an expletive in front of my affection towards it.

Welcome to the fold brother. Sweet Iron Father - nice use of the IH tactical upgrade pack torso.

Oh, and just incase you were thinking of picking up the IH supplement: don't. It has destroyed all that made the Chapter awesome.

If you come across it, there is only one course of action: purge it from the material universe.

Archived