Techmarines and Superheavies

Gentlemanloser

Can't view the FAQs at work :'(.  Can Techmarines repair Superheavies?

I've a sneaking suspicion that they canonly repair units form thier Codexes, and as such they wouldn't be able to work on Superheavies.

But I'm not sure.

Basically, I'm wondering whether Techmarines could restore lost Hull Points to Warhound Titans. ;)

Well on the US website the FAQs are in polish, go figure. I dont understand polish.

... and the same on the british site. Thats darned inconvenient.

Same for the ozzies and canooks. Im afraid that well have to wait tell a polish speaker comes along... wait, well, theres the GK FAQ *wich is more interesting for you in particular anyways* and it says that, in contradiction to the ruling I remember in the C:SM faq about 'allied vehicles' being unrepairable, the GK Techmarine can repair 'friendly vehicle's.

SM codex says "friendly vehicle". Now, all we need to do is work out whether super heavies are Unit Type: Vehicle or not (see the Tank Hunter thread for more info).

IH Chapter Tactics only apply to vehicles and characters in that detachment, so no dice there.

Well... and theres an argument. Is that lord of war slot part of the same detachment? It certainly looks like it would be...

To me, it seems like the Lord of War is a separate, optional detachment in the same way as an Allied Detachment. Part of the same army? Yes. Same detachment? No.

Why would the Marine be classed as a Battle Brother to a Titan, when it's in the same detachment?

Sure, if it's one of the Superheavies that requires a different PRimary detachment, but I'm not sure the Warhound states which Primary it must come from. :/

Besides, doesn't 'friendly vechicle' cover this anyway?

To me, it seems like the Lord of War is a separate, optional detachment in the same way as an Allied Detachment. Part of the same army? Yes. Same detachment? No.

Why the Primary detachment requirements in Escalation then, if it's a different detachment?

Why would the Marine be classed as a Battle Brother to a Titan, when it's in the same detachment?

Sure, if it's one of the Superheavies that requires a different PRimary detachment, but I'm not sure the Warhound states which Primary it must come from. :/

Besides, doesn't 'friendly vechicle' cover this anyway?

Why the Primary detachment requirements in Escalation then, if it's a different detachment?

Because it's only available to armies with a relevant Primary Detachment. No picking Warhounds with a Necron Primary Detachment, for example. But the phrasing in Escalation seems to indicate that the Primary is a seperate entity to the Lord of War and this would appear to be backed up by the FOC diagram, which shows Fortifications, Allied Detachments and Lords of War as being distinct from the Primary Detachment.

Gentlemen, you can make that tech marine join that guardsmen bubble, make that unit ATSKNF...

Also I wander can a unit with multiple tech marine or MotF repair multiple times?

Oh and in this case I would recommend WS ones, so they can just leave the combat and do their shooty job.

Well on the US website the FAQs are in polish, go figure. I dont understand polish.

Same for the ozzies and canooks. Im afraid that well have to wait tell a polish speaker comes along...

You could always shoot an email to the Chapter House guys and ask them what it says :lol:

Same for the ozzies and canooks. Im afraid that well have to wait tell a polish speaker comes along...

You could always shoot an email to the Chapter House guys and ask them what it says laugh.png

I believe Chapterhouse are a US-based outfit. Which is not to say that there aren't a great number of Polish companies out there making accessories for 40K models.

Archived