A person has declared we are nothing more than a novelty

ZONKEY

My dear brethren of the dark angels,

Heresy has occurred, a battle brother has gone heretical declaring the dark angel codex nothing more than a novelty with gimmick units such as the deathwing knights and black knights. And limited list construction such as ravenwing and deathwing and green wing, he has left us for the space marine codex and the storm talon, brothers how can I show the deserter that he is wrong we have a strong codex?

Your battle brother zonkey

Every Codex in 40k is gimmicky, lol. Space Marines (vanilla) are most certainly not exempt from this - how fast can you say 'grav gun' ? msn-wink.gif DA have their gimmicks but no more or less so than other Codices.

Exactly this. Every codex has the ability to be gimmicky. Tau can take 6 riptides in a standard detachment and has cheap upgrades but the rest of the codex is about average. Screamerstar, Heldrake spam, any 'Wing list, etc are possible and against an "average" list will probably be facestomped but they all also have their weaknesses, any termi type wing will be decimated by grav-guns, etc

Well, he's plain wrong. And even if we had crap for Codex (which we really don't), we'd still be playing Dark Angels just because we have such an awesome background and imagery.

Hell, we already did that in 5th Edition. tongue.png

Every Codex in 40k is gimmicky, lol. Space Marines (vanilla) are most certainly not exempt from this - how fast can you say 'grav gun' ? msn-wink.gif DA have their gimmicks but no more or less so than other Codices.

Not as much as grav guns on bike tongue.png

Arguably grav-guns are less of a gimmick than the Standard of Devastation (a single piece of wargear that validates an entire build) or the Darkshroud (a single unit that augments an entire build). See? Everyone has gimmicks. You might wanna be a special flower but I assure you, in the 41st millennium spam and gimmickry are universal ;)

You should show him your dakka banner that'd be cool.

A luck you said "banner" and not "pole" or this sentence would have been too slaaneshi tongue.png
It would indeed tongue.png I don't see how that would relate to the dark angels though...

"DA Codex sucks!"

Eat dakka!

Hahaha, sorry. On the same note I think it's safe to say that this topic has been dealt with.

See here

Dreadsock

Gaming term from the Warhammer 40,000 hobby.

A Dreadsock is a standard sock with a (metal) 40K Dreadnought inside.
The Dreadsock is then used to 'beat the stupid/cheeze/beard/censored.gif '
out of people.

In general useage, "Dreadsock" is usually suggested to emphasise how stupid a situation is.

Note:
it is not advisable to actually hit someone with a real Dreadsock -
it can cause serious injury, and get you in a lot of trouble!
Q: "This guy at my local club insists on using illegal rules combos and claiming
it's legal! We've tried time and again to make him learn the proper
rules! How do I get through to him?"

A: "Take one Dreadsock, and apply as many times as needed to make him stop."

tell him that you'll happily buy his models off him for a low price. then proceed to use those models to tactically outclass him in everyway. without knowing anything about him its likely that he jumped from space marines to dark angels anyway so, easy come easy go... 

I think maybe we're done here?

I think we are about done here.... Move along, nothing to see.

Chamber 42 is ready for him. Comfy chair warmed and pillows all fluffed up ;)

Archived