Thunderfire Cannon Techmarine and Servitors.

Warlord Torvold

Can you take a unit of Servitors for the Techmarine with the TFC?  I know they wouldn't be able to join the Techmarine because he's attached to the TFC. 

On pg.166 of the SM dex it says you can include one unit of Servitors for each Techmarine/MoTF in your army does this include the one with the TFC?

This is a question I have been wondering about for awhile and the guys in my gaming group are split on the issue.  The guy at my local GW store has been unable to give me a concise answer.  I get the default answer 101  "Well ask your opponent and if they allow it go for it." 

I really don't want to invest the time/money putting a unit or two of Servitors together and then have their use be based of my opponents whims at the time. 

I thank you for taking the time read my query and look forward to seeing what the community says.

~Torvold

You can't take servitors for the TFC because the crew is a Techmarine Gunner in the entry, not a Techmarine from the HQ section on p.166. They're different, like you pointed out, and the gunner can't be joined by the servitors so it makes sense that he can't take them.

This has been debated many times before (search is your friend). The correct answer is 'yes he can'. He may be a "Techmarine Gunner" but there is no such unit profile in the game. He is a Techechmarine by unit profile and thus unlocks the Srrvitor unit.

Actually the current Codex: SM does have the Techmarine Gunner listed as a "Techmarine Gunner" in his unit profile.

He isn't a "Techmarine", just as a "Veteran Sergeant" isn't a "Veteran"

The Servitor retinue clearly states "... each Techmarine or Master of the Forge...".  Techmarine Gunner isn't included.

The Techmarine Gunner doesn't even have the same list of special rules as a Techmarine, he doesn't have the Independent Character USR.

- Which means that, even if you could buy him a unit of Servitors, he could never join it.  "Go Go Mindlock!"

Archived