Iron Hands Project • Clan Ungavarr

BLACK BLΠFLY

Those are both really nice conversions - are these guys 30 or 40k?

Just a sidenote on the name - I doubt there would ever be a 'Clan Gorgon' - the Clans are named after Clans on Medusa, and Gorgon is the title given to Ferrus. Even if this Clan wasn't named after a medusan Clan, I think it might be a bit much for them to be given the name of the Primarch - in 30k, there are specific Gorgon terminators within the legion, and even the legion elite, the Morlocks, are from Clan Avernii.

Just a sidenote on the name - I doubt there would ever be a 'Clan Gorgon' - the Clans are named after Clans on Medusa, and Gorgon is the title given to Ferrus. Even if this Clan wasn't named after a medusan Clan, I think it might be a bit much for them to be given the name of the Primarch - in 30k, there are specific Gorgon terminators within the legion, and even the legion elite, the Morlocks, are from Clan Avernii.

I think he's just using it as a project name, nit necessarily "This is the name of my army."

Then again, maybe it is a clan that highly distinguished itself during a campaign and was given a special honor of wearing the Gorgon's name. Maybe it was the clan that Ferrus actually lived with on Medusa.

I think he's just using it as a project name, nit necessarily "This is the name of my army."

Then again, maybe it is a clan that highly distinguished itself during a campaign and was given a special honor of wearing the Gorgon's name. Maybe it was the clan that Ferrus actually lived with on Medusa.

Ferrus didn't live with any Clan - he deliberately didn't support any Clan so as to promote competition & antagonism to promote strength in the populace, and Ideal he passed onto the Clan Companies and their seperate Orders

Not sure what the final name will be for the clan, Gorgon does sound good though. smile.png

The tech marine is standard from the 40k line while for the Iron Father I used Chronus with a 30k shoulder pad and combi bolter.

Here are the Clans shown in Massacre:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131031220247/warhammer40k/images/thumb/8/8e/Examples_IH_Legion_Clan_Heraldry2.png/623px-Examples_IH_Legion_Clan_Heraldry2.png

Avernii is the Morlocks' Clan, but any of the others are fair game. Clan Morragul is outspoken Iron Father / Iron Lord Autek Mor's Clan, which is supposed to spawn the Red Talons Chapter. Here's a bit more info on Autek Mor if you fancy it: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aml1IU6gH6c/UkHe0NM_FFI/AAAAAAAARyA/bbz-LWaPEr4/s1600/vlcsnap-2013-09-14-11h34m46s110.png

Also: that Immortal is badass woot.gif

Thanks for the picture depicting the individual clans. I have that book but didn't think to look there. For now I'll stick with Gorgon as an operative term that depicts their battle tactics and strategies. :)

I hope to have some more pix up soon.

Much more machine than human now in both body and mind... Aktumet the Pariah was once the most favored champion of his clan, no rival could stand before him. Finally found lacking in service due to the unavoidable decrepitude from vast eons of war dating as far back as the Heresy, the Pariah was eventually restored by dark biotechnology and cybernetics on Deimos to continue the fight as a lone Medusan. A solitary engine of war often sent out as a lone vanguard to repel the enemy's never ending advance...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-msYIImVvYOE/UrZhog5yUEI/AAAAAAAAGto/esIgFjCML5c/s1600/IMG_0406.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ooxZEpmc4Co/UrZgnHM3DfI/AAAAAAAAGtM/15RTuPRbxi0/s1600/IMG_0405.JPG

One more picture here...

http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com/2013/12/deus-ex-machina.html

Ferrus didn't live with any Clan - he deliberately didn't support any Clan so as to promote competition & antagonism to promote strength in the populace, and Ideal he passed onto the Clan Companies and their seperate Orders

I think you misunderstood me. The clan he lived with before he was discovered by the Imperium. IIRC, Massacre did have him having some sort of power base on Medusa.

Looking good Black Orange, keep it up. smile.png

Very nice. One quick question though, whete are the shields?

Kol, The shields are from this kit: IRON HANDS MEDUSAN IMMORTALS

Black Orange, I love the concept, fluff and use of bits but I would love to see some better color pictures.  I would also like to know how that jetbike kit was to work with?  I've heard mixed reviews of that company's products quality.

Very nice. One quick question though, whete are the shields?

Kol, The shields are from this kit: IRON HANDS MEDUSAN IMMORTALS

Black Orange, I love the concept, fluff and use of bits but I would love to see some better color pictures. I would also like to know how that jetbike kit was to work with? I've heard mixed reviews of that company's products quality.

lol, I know where the shields are from, I was just wondering why so many of them didn't have shields, which Black Orange answered.

I think you misunderstood me. The clan he lived with before he was discovered by the Imperium. IIRC, Massacre did have him having some sort of power base on Medusa.

Looking good Black Orange, keep it up. smile.png

Oh - must be a retcon, all the old fluff said that before his discovery Ferrus was still completely independant, acting as a kind of lone wolf / sage for all the Clans.

Here is my first veteran sergeant Klatu...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-T-xcgsh2UUo/UrkIZFxW76I/AAAAAAAAG4A/wbtLWu6by3A/s1600/IMG_0418.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lTwrBm7Dzw4/UrkINfFoxjI/AAAAAAAAG34/vAXMOED0eFQ/s1600/IMG_0417.JPG

Here is a better photo as requested of the third Medusan Immortal...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qJepPH5DEZw/UrkJAJkIJPI/AAAAAAAAG4M/hlmu40987i0/s1600/IMG_0416.JPG

And finally an old OOP Space Marine figure I'll use to build the next sergeant...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CjpC8f2mDq0/UrkJjleJN9I/AAAAAAAAG4U/YHSzoyZ4oZM/s1600/IMG_0419.JPG

I decided to go with Clan Unvagarr because I like the serpents for their clan symbol and feel it is appropriate for my theme. I am going to try to do some research. I've got the 2nd HH book so I'll start there.

Nice choice - I think the serpentine, organic look is a really nice contrast with the IHs' very austere, industrial look.

Those honour guard are looking damn awesome by the way - look forward to seeing them with a lick of paint.

Archived