Ravenwing squadron or a ravenwing black knights

ZONKEY

I did leave out the shooting on purpose.

The idea was simply to evaluate CC...not the capacity of dealing with a particular unit.

Can 5 RWBK deal with a Trygon? Been there, done that with shooting...but I wouldn't assault it unless very stressful circumstances.

FMC, dedicated CC, heavy armour....those are the real issues RWBK have to deal with.

No only because of their point cost but because of their scarcity and low model units...that too often end up being our main tool to way too many situations (as Sven points up above).

The whole idea is: no, RWBK should not be considered a CC unit that can tear through and opponents as a wild horse.

Yes, they can do much in most situations and need little support to become viable...but they are not a sledgehammer that can rip through an army.

Actually, W40K is having less and less of that kind of units (maybe the wraithknight or a triple specter or something like that)...

In the grim future there is only shooting.

Fast Firepower is becoming the name of the game...  It's just nice to have the option for HtH...

My Wolfbrother pointed that out (by pointing out how RWBK and his TWC measured up) and caused me to finally get this army...  So I turned the tables and pointed out that what he needed for his Tau is a couple Pirhana squadrons with Burst cannons and fusion guns....  He cursed me,..  then went and bought a squadron...  

I haven't played that army yet to know if it is worse than a Riptide army...

I agree with everyone's statements so far. RWBK's should be used to debuff the enemy shoot them with Plasma Talons and then if you need to mop up in assault (if practical). But don't forget the OP's post. He wants it to help augment his squads not run primary Ravenwing........yet. As we all know the pull of the Death and Raven Wing's is very strong and will be pulling him in eventually.

DoC

Archived