Frustrations with Tau...

3DJutsu

they do what they do to sell models. whats amazing today will get nerfed down tomorrow and what sucks today will be required down the road. so good news, DA fliers will be amazing one day.

Before anyone assumes that ignores cover doesn't work against vehicles I would strongly advise to read p.74 of brb where it says that "vehicles do not benefit from cover the same way as infantry", and then p.75 where it states that ".....it must take cover save against it, exactly like a non-vehicle model would do against a Wound"

If it was up to me I would before battle starts clarify it with other player how we gonna treat wounds and vehicles with cover saves and weapons that ignore cover.

@Master Avoghai- He did have a Tactical squad. Allied in Space Marines just for Tigurius and his rerolls for psychic powers and that other thing (Initiative?)

@Garath O_O. So then... My speeders... >biggrin.png Thanks for pointing that out mate!

You're welcome. BTW, take that allied attch. I wrote about. There's nothing like one-shotting a Riptide on turn one....oh wait , you can kill the HQ too!!!nuke.gif

What i see here is that DA beat Tau only taking allies from here and there...

Tau can beat us without taking allies and become really annoying takin UM allies (tigurius) or eldar allies....

Tau can be beaten by our codex without any ally? yes, but it's a very though game in wich any minimum error can cost us the game...

For me 40k is an hobby and i think that an hobby should be relax and fun... If i want struggles and problems there is already the real life...

I disagree. There are 1-2 Tau builds that are cheesy enough to fit your description...but that is true of other codexes, including ours (dakkapole?) You seem to suggest that a cheesy list makes a cheesy codex...as long as we're not talking about DA! An all-comers list from a random codex will lose almost every game against a dakkapole list or my list. How is that different from the "tau cheese" being complained about here? I guarantee that the sputtering protestations that our cheese isn't really cheese that I am about to hear are word for word the same as what you would hear on advanced tau tactica or tau online!

I have to agree with march. If we start dropping TDA equipped units with SS's and lots of AV14 with PFG's then we start getting pretty cheesy, mono build lists as well. The main problem is that WE don't, unlike every Tau player who seems to want to play their cheesiest list every game. Maybe it's because they've been on the back burner for a while and are now enjoying some decent army builds but if you are already sick of them then be just as abusive. I'm thinking of an IC of some description and then hitting up IA2v2 for multiple relic vehicles Deimos pattern pred executioners, WW scorpius, contemptor dreads and anything else that might be considered OP minimum.

A bike chappy with a unit of BK's pumping out plasma, a tank that puts out 3 plasma cannon blasts a turn, krak missile barrages, and a dread with an invulnerable save is bound to make people complain! Oh and then tell them your troops are 2 or 3 ten man scout units in camo cloaks, hiding behind buildings all game!

What i see here is that DA beat Tau only taking allies from here and there...

Tau can beat us without taking allies and become really annoying takin UM allies (tigurius) or eldar allies....

Tau can be beaten by our codex without any ally? yes, but it's a very though game in wich any minimum error can cost us the game...

For me 40k is an hobby and i think that an hobby should be relax and fun... If i want struggles and problems there is already the real life...

I disagree. There are 1-2 Tau builds that are cheesy enough to fit your description...but that is true of other codexes, including ours (dakkapole?) You seem to suggest that a cheesy list makes a cheesy codex...as long as we're not talking about DA! An all-comers list from a random codex will lose almost every game against a dakkapole list or my list. How is that different from the "tau cheese" being complained about here? I guarantee that the sputtering protestations that our cheese isn't really cheese that I am about to hear are word for word the same as what you would hear on advanced tau tactica or tau online!

Agreed, DA can beat Tau, and may as well have in that game that I played. It was the DA element that won it for me, not the WS. What this tells me is that I need to take what I learned  from that game and apply it to a DA army.

i.e. Go balls out and charge his Riptides with my Librarian and Black Knights. XD

Though I have considered using his own cheese against him. Play WS and ally in a buff commander of my own and show him what Twin-Linked, Cover-Ignoring Plasma Cannons are capable of. Or better yet, some Grav-Centurions and...

...and I'll be waiting outside Chamber 42...

Archived