"Let freedom ring with a Boltgun's roar" - Marines Project

hermanista

How do,

so I'll cut to the chase and get to the meat of the initial post; I'm currently engaged on building a fantasy Warriors army in time for ToS in Feb, however since I'm not able to do much painting over Christmas, I thought I'd get some Marines built to combat a mate who's recently returned to hobby with Necrons. Unfortunately I'm stuck on a chapter and colour scheme for now, but never to let that get in the way I started building anyway.

The general plan as normal for me is a solid line of bolters to hold the line, including bolter-armed characters rather than the more gung-ho dive into combat heroes.

First up I managed to build a librarian, suitable to lead the force of ground pounders.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/Hermanesq/Marines%202013/Libby.jpg[/url]

I think he'll fit in with the force, next up - the first demi squad of Tactical Marines.

Chris

First of all- props on the head swap on that librarian and for having the cajones to make gunline characters.  That sets you apart already.  

I am going to Nth the suggestion/recommendation for Raptors chapter tactics or a IF successor if you want a bolter heavy gunline army.

Where is that head from though?

It's in the new tactical squad box.

am I the only one who does not know where to acquire librarian books from?

chaos terminator lord/sorcerer box, sevrin loth backpack, empire wizard kit, empire flagellants, dark angel veteran sprue, grey knight terminators have book related accessories like banner toppers.  

Hell yeah, bolters all the way buddy! All my HQ's (except old lysan-smashy-face-hammer-face-der) are toting 'dem bolters. 

I'd say go Malevolent but they are an acquired taste. Raptors get some gnarly rending bolter rules that set them apart that's for sure but I personally prefer re-rolling with the IF tactis, also all that Tank Hunter goodness on heavy weapons, mmmhmm. 

So, I vote for IF/Successor. 

Blimey,

I never expected a response like that, I guess a catchy title and a question gets peoples creative juices going, but thank's for the feedback. I've spent the last few hours on the research front for existing chapters that could fit the bill, so if I throw out my ideas people can have a think?

So potentially -

Celestial Lions - Painting metallics is my favourite part of painting, mainly silver but I think I do a pretty good gold too.

Mantis Warriors - Slightly different take on the bolter line idea is to have them scouting forward to form their line, then let rip with rank upon rank of bolter-fire

Raptors - Similar to the Mantis Warriors, slightly more deadly rules potentially, but a darker *less inspiring* colour scheme prehaps?

Other options - Scythes of the Emperor, Praetors of Orpheus, or something else...

Lots to think about, but I'm lucky in the fact I know someone who can probably do me some digitally sculpted resin shoulder pads, like a previous Sons of Medusa army I did and then sold

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/Hermanesq/Sons%20of%20Medusa%20v2/472693_10150853506707774_525192773_11701372_360879989_o.jpg

Chris

Brother Tancred - I've actually got a dark angel army, with the Angels being my first ever army. So although the SoD tactic could work, I'll be giving them a miss.

I think I get the feeling the Lions are a bit of a fan favourite, so I'll give them a go. I do like painting gold after all.

I'll be going for the wartorn, prolonged campaign look and feel to them, so there certtainly won't be parade ground fresh scheme wise.

No pics tonight unfortunately, but hopefully get some of the ta tical squad photo worthy by tomorrow.

hopefully everyone has had a great Christmas btw.

Chris

Archived