What is the Dark Angels' "inherent corruption"?

HsojVvad

No one is taking the torches and pitchforks out. Just trying to convey to you that despite all that you said you can still be misinterpretated. I don't think going around labelling things as aspergers then having to explain that aspergers is not a mental condition because you get misinterpretated is teh best way to do things. To the common folk Aspergers is still a health condition and it will stay so for some years until and the mistery is solved... When the "real world" is ready, the forums will also be ready to accept the labeling of Aspergers as something not diminishing. Until then it's better to thread lightly.

Now back to the topic at hand. Any further discussion you can PM me.

Their Loyalties obviously. Even the Lion only adhers to a code of honout when he sees fit

PURGE THIS FOUL XENOS!!!! (and his heretical lies)

Considering how he dishonourably attacked Curze, dismissed the Nikea Edict and slew his chaplain in a fit - I think the truth hurts far more than any lies.

I'd like to Coin the nickname Lion'el Jonson, the Aspergers Primarch.

Before you make light of the primarch, you should at least learn to properly spell his full name.  Beyond that, you really should take context into consideration.  Let's see:

The Lion isn't just a "knight".  He is, above all things, a pragmatic individual.  Ever since novels and novellas began portraying him, we've seen that one of his trademark traits is his willingness to do what needs to be done - regardless of his personal desires.  In Descent of Angels, we see that - despite his superior rank - he is willing to let Luther be the voice of his strategy and the Crusade it guides.  In Fallen Angels, we see that he is not shy about soliciting advice when he's not sure of the answer to a problem.  We also get an insight to his thoughts on rank and status, and the frankness with which he approaches such matters.  In "Savage Weapons", that pragmatism is shown when he dismisses "honourable combat" since there is no need for it.  This is Conrad Kurze he is fighting after all - one of the most sinister individuals in the galaxy, a sadist, a known traitor, and absolutely a dirty fighter.  The idea that the Lion should be "fighting fair" against him is laughable.  You might as well have been condemning the Lion for not announcing to the Night Lords where and when he would be attacking their forces.

That same pragmatism was at work when he reinstated his Librarians.  As plenty of topics on the Horus Heresy forum indicate, it's disingenuous to condemn him for doing so.  The Lion simply realized that it was ludicrous to withhold from using supernatural powers in a conflict that was defined by a supernatural element.  Was he alone in doing so?  Of course not!  The most trusted agent of the Master of Mankind and no qualms about recruiting psykers.  Roboute Guilliman saw the folly of the Edict given that the situation had so radically changed.  Jaghatai Khan never intended to suspend his Librarius.  Leman Russ and his Vlka Fenryka were hypocrites to begin with where this subject is concerned.

I won't touch the execution of Nemiel again.  The more I think on it, the more I think there's more to be told on that story.  It may prove you right; it may not.  That having been said, I can't help but point this out... honourable conduct and rash, violent decisions are not mutually incompatible.  Also, see sentiments expressed above about regret.

Kurze did nothing to warrant a dishonourable blow. He did not ambush his brother, he set no trap and was talking with him as they had both agreed. Just because he does not fight the way DA fight (hit and run) it does not making him a dishonourable bastard.

No, of course not. Just his terror tactics,culling entire populations, torturing other Primarchs, ambushing Legions at Istvaan,  Interrupting Lorgar's execution by Corax, and every other cheap trick in the book. Just because he was doing something out of his character doesn't mean he got all goody-two-shoes. Who knows what he had in store after the meeting...

Wolf Pack - I know exactly what I'm dealing with thank you. And it's a condition in the Autism Spectrum with is part of DSM-5 and equivalents around the world. I won't take the thread further off topic - the point has been made and you can take it onboard or not.

The real tragedy in the Curze vs. the Lion story has nothing to do with a default of honor, it's that the Lion didn't strike more true and finish the traitor right then and there. The galaxy would probably have been a better place for it.

The repeated use of the same boring interpretations as facts to try and grind a stone against the Lion is getting really boring.

Corruption, I am surely you are mistaken, we are the First... Oh, By the Way Asmodai wants to see Original Poster...

On the serious note, I agree with Phoebus. I couldn't have said better myself even with ghost writer and 4 dictionaries.

Archived