Cypher in CSM

minionboy

You don't have to accept the challenge with cypher since afaik he doesn't have champion of chaos, let them take a few casualties and break. With I8 (or against termies) they won't be chased down and will regroup next turn due to atsknf, ready for some plasma mayhem, or use the H&R to do it.

Excessus is right. What's more, you can H&R to a facing they don't have Storm Shield, melta them, and charge again. It's a everyday-trick my WS bikes would do.

EDIT: And remember H&R don't require a morale break, just a I test.

Excessus is right. What's more, you can H&R to a facing they don't have Storm Shield, melta them, and charge again. It's a everyday-trick my WS bikes would do.

EDIT: And remember H&R don't require a morale break, just a I test.

That sounds brutal against deathwing and the likes of.

I agree with all of the above, but H&R is situational, and the situation I was in with Cypher did not allow me to survive. In my assault phase, my last few CSMs were lost, sacrificing the champion to Belial. I could have H&R out at that point, but it would have left me in the open for my opponent's shooting phase, not exactly desirable. So I stayed in combat to reduce the wounds delivered, and died in a challenge. The only way to avoid that was to not have gotten into assault in the first place, but where's the fun in that?

Archived