Blood Guardians WIP Log

Merry Christmas brothers and sisters in arms. Having been up since 8ish, I have been busy cutting the bitz out of their spruces for the new Sternguard and Vanguard sets. Once the battery for the camera is charged, I will get some pics, but until then, this will serve as a place holder till pics arrive. I also recieved the new rulebook (Thing is so heavy too!) and have been mainly scanning the pages. I also got some paint refills that were badly needed.  So as soon as I can, I will snap a pic of my temporary working station and what I am doing.

Ave Sanguinius!

Signing off,

ChapterMasterDemon7

I have assembled the models of both sets and have pics (Minus one from the sternguard squad I missed to photograph.)

Using pieces from both sets, I was able to make a better captain for my Second Company of Blood Guardains.

Captain Sariel:

gallery_57723_8615_644347.jpg

C&C welcome for Sariel. I will post the rest once I go back and add some more bitz to them.

Thanks for the input Anaziel. I feel the same way about the tabard. I wanted a running captain, yet the legs given with the sternguard box did not fit the bill, yet that set of legs from the vanguard did. So, having the torso already put together, I continued to put it together. I'll have to figure something out for the tabard though.

Looking good so far. I like Sariel, especially since I'm really fond of those "templar-esque" helms. They look pretty boss with a crest.

As for greenstuffing him, might I suggest trying out Apoxie putty instead? It's waaaay cheaper and easier to get into shape. I've had some great results both as a spot fix and as a way to cast small bits like shoulderpads and such.

I'm definitely looking forward to what else you'll produce!

Thanks for all the posts everyone, it is giving my plenty of ideas to make Sariel better. Yet, I am still unsure about the tabard and the wax seal. I keep looking at him, knowing the tabard doesn't look right yet at the same time, with no form of modelling something over it, I have no solution for it. I love all the ideas I have gotten so far. I am waiting to test out a spray undercoat with the help of my dad, so hopefully tomorrow I can get painting. Yet, I leave you with a vanguard veteran now:

Nicknamed "The Shakespeare."

gallery_57723_8615_813166.jpg

Here are the two lighting claws within the Vanguard Squad:

Vanguard Veteran Brother Kothus Isadavos:

gallery_57723_8615_482504.jpg

and Brother Azariah Ixovaa:

gallery_57723_8615_287237.jpg

I have started painting one of the honor guards for Sariel (Which is not from the sternguard squad) and when I have finished, I will post Brother Tarkus

Elliriah with a bit of fluff for him.
Till next time. Ave Sanguinius!

Yeah, I really like how they look. As for paint, you will have to wait on the vanguard and sternguard, but you will be able to see my honor guard painted. On that note, I present to you all, Honor Guard Veteran Brother Tarkus Elliriah:

gallery_57723_8615_660444.jpg

Fluff:

Born and raised on the back streets and ally's of the planet of Epsonri, Tarkus grew up by the blade. He never once carried a firearm. He had seen too many of his brothers-in-arms fall on the field of battle during gang wars to jamming bolt pistols and over heating las-rifles. So he carried a rusty combat knife and a long dead power sword, looted off a slain officer. Then, on the day the Blood Guardians arrived, Tarkus knew he would be in their ranks. When the Trials of the Blade and Bolter came around, Tarkus entered. As he made his way through the trials, Tarkus noticed a crested helm warrior watching him, his arms crossed over his chestplate, his sword hanging by his side. Tarkus looked away from the warrior and continued through the trial. When he reached the end, instead of their being a sevitor to challenge him, Tarkus was greeted by the crested helm warrior, his long bladed power sword drawn and held at the ready. Surprised by this, Tarkus simply did what he knew to do: fight. Charging forward, armed with a sword and axe, Tarkus roared out, rushing at the silent warrior. The silent warrior stepped forward, ducking low and rammed his armored shoulder into Tarkus's mid-section, tossing him over his shoulder, sending him flat on his back. Tarkus grunted as he landed, and only looked at the warrior. As the warrior turned, he sheathed his sword, then offered his hand. "Welcome to Second Company Tarkus. I am Captain Sariel Azer, your new commander.

That was nearly three centuries ago. Now, Tarkus now walks with Sariel as one of his Honor Guard, wielding a power axe and power sword.

I hope my painting does not scare everyone away lol. C&C always welcomed.

Ave Sanguinius.

Can you take a clearer picture of the helm used?  Seems like you might have used a GK Termi helmet, trimmed on the top.. but looks like a flat panel from this angle.  I fail at GS'ing skills to make more knight helms, I've made a few beakies with lots more failures, but in the end I just buy them.

Lol thanks. I do not have a official photo area, so I am using my bed and a lamp. I love how Sariel came out though. Also, in my post before I posted the painted Sariel, with the second picture, with the guy who looks like he has a scarf, should I paint that as a scarf, or leave it black?

Archived