Blood Guardians WIP Log

Your definitely improving mate, I think the rate your going you'll surpass my skill level in no time

Thanks Jaspcat! Your stuff is extremely good as well. I am having to pick up speed due to I have a campaign on the horizon and I don't want a partly painted army lol. I only have 15 tactical marines left to do then my force is done. I will try to get a group shot shortly, once I find time to in my busy school life.

Oh yay, I'm glad to see you back at it!

Veterans are looking good. Your brush control and color pallet has definitely improved.

Keep up the good work buddy!

The last lot are a definite improvement my friend. Brush control is my worst enemy but I force myself to keep repairing any mistakes, always keep within the lines, that's my mantra to myself. That Librarian is leaps and bounds ahead of your first models, use him as your staple and you'll be churning out finer and finer mini's in no time.  

The last lot are a definite improvement my friend. Brush control is my worst enemy but I force myself to keep repairing any mistakes, always keep within the lines, that's my mantra to myself. That Librarian is leaps and bounds ahead of your first models, use him as your staple and you'll be churning out finer and finer mini's in no time.  

Thank you Brother Tyrax. That means a whole lot to me. Librarian Drigo Serpentex is probably one of my most favorite models in my entire army, besides Sariel. I am trying to do the tacticals... But it is not working so good.

Within the Sedraixs system, a planet burned with the fury of a thousand suns, a planet in turmoil and chaos. From orbit, the scars of war and battle could be clearly seen, with explosion splashes blooming like a flower in the spring. Mighty war machines tore into the blood soaked ground, scarring the ground further with their mighty treads. Millions of men and women fought on these fields of war, some in broken down hab blocks, others across vast fields of broken trees and dried river beds. Las-fire streaked out across the field, sending both friend and foe to their deaths. Artillery fired their devastating cargo, the ground being torn asunder under the warrior’s feet, sending all combatants to the ground with the force of impact. 

Yet, in these theaters of war, giants stalked the field, both with the goal of annihilating the other. Bolters bucked in the giants hands, sending death out in a song of praise, or of damnation. Clad in power armor darker than Death’s cloak, with crimson on their shoulder guards, the Adeptus Astartes of the Blood Guardians formed an adamantium wall across the defenders front lines, sending death out before them. On the fore front were seven warriors, all steeped deep within the legends of the Guardians. Yet, before them, were giants clad in power armor of the deepest crimson, and upon their shoulders was the face of a screaming demon. For before the Blood Guardians were the XVII Legion, the Word Bearers, traitors to the Emperor. Yet, when these giants clashed, it was if time itself had been stopped with just a whispering of a word. War cries echoed across the battlefield, some venerating the name of the Emperor, others befouling and desecrating the name of the Emperor of Mankind. After several days, the forces of the Imperium were on the verge of victory, but with their victory, came a terrible and dark price that no one had expected to be paid….

I actually have something of any update. I have a army shot, in four pieces:

http://i.imgur.com/U22Vqxo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X27m9ZY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jPtS8eE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Fm97oT.jpg

Questions and Comments are always loved and waited for. C&C as always.

Here are two of the Lord Guardians Honor Guard:

Honor Guard Veteran Brother Galvonides Kryptarus "The Hammer of Epsonri":

"Him? That is Galvonides Krptarus, "The Hammer of Epsonri". It is rumored that during a small skirmish between a Dark Eldar raiding party that he managed to knock a Hellion ganger off of its skyboard. It's SKYBOARD."

gallery_57723_8615_245089.jpg

"That shield he wears? Yes it is from a Lychguard. Don't you think I know that you whelp? I was even there when he ripped it off the damn Cron's body and then smash the body into thousands of shards."

gallery_57723_8615_653407.jpg

"Just..... Don't make any smart arse remarks or comments about his helmet, shield or hammer.... Especially the hammer.."

gallery_57723_8615_1547530.jpg

"That hammer has crushed more bones and spilled more blood than all of the Obsidian Squads combined."

gallery_57723_8615_1518474.jpg

Next is Honor Guard Veteran Grimuro Ardias:

"See that man over there? Not the one without the helmet you fething idiot. The one with death mask.That is Grimuro Ardias. The word "grim" is in his name for a reason.."

gallery_57723_8615_188789.jpg

"It is rumored that Grimuro ripped that ax head off a Daemon Prince's weapon shaft and mounted it onto his own, then slew the Daemon with his own weapon."

gallery_57723_8615_1064853.jpg

"He is a man of few words... Literally. He only speaks like two to three words every few centuries."

gallery_57723_8615_1562447.jpg

"Just be careful where you stand when you are near Grimuro. His aim is the best I have ever seen... But not as good as Sergeant Tellion of the Ultramarines.. But still damn good."

gallery_57723_8615_629943.jpg

C&C as always. And yes, I know Grimuro's weapon is large, and fluff wise he will be unable to swing it, yet I felt that it flowed well with the rest of the model and the pose is off due to I had him on a different base, surrounded by bodies, yet the base was too big to us. On my table right now is a flyer, but which one? Stay tuned to find out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the silence. I have been knee deep in school since the semester is winding down. I will have a present for you all soon, once I take pics of my new beauty within the Blood Guardians 2nd Company. Also, I have sad news..

I played my first game of 40k against a buddy of mine Necrons. It was a 1000 pts game and instead of keeping my Sang guard and Vanguard in, I took em out for the new beauty I got... Big mistake. By the end of turn 5 I believe, I had two points to the Crons three. But. Drigo survived Close Combat with three Wraiths. 

So, stay tuned to find out what I got.

It's a great learning curve brother everyone had there own style so use YouTube and the forum to find your own style msn-wink.gif

This is so true. I have an entire bookmark folder solely devoted to painting tutorials and conversion ideas. And I'll even bookmark stuff from here just so I can find it without going through my subscribed threads.

It's a great learning curve brother everyone had there own style so use YouTube and the forum to find your own style msn-wink.gif

This is so true. I have an entire bookmark folder solely devoted to painting tutorials and conversion ideas. And I'll even bookmark stuff from here just so I can find it without going through my subscribed threads.

I will give that a shot. At the current moment, I have some ideas on who I want to paint them up as. One is Death Guard, as Jasp has stated. Also I am thinking either Night Lords (a duh lol), Blood Disciples or the Sons of Malice. Atm I am reading the fluff for the Sons of Malice. Any thoughts on those options? This is a whole new area I am meddling in and I would love all the help I can get.

I'd actually suggest picking up a box of the possessed simply for conversion opportunities. The rules for them are crap but the models are awesome. Also, see if you can find a copy of the old Index Astartes books. They have a tremendous amount of fluff about the legions as well as some about successors. For more practical help, search for painting blogs. It shouldn't matter what army they are focused on, the tips are fairly universal.

Archived