Blood Guardians WIP Log

Are they already assembled? I ask because you could combine bits from the possessed with the box of raptors/ warp talons and make some really fun models.

They were already assembled.... Till I got home today from school.. whistlingW.gif

Also, I come bearing a actually WIP update:

Here is a squad I am working on atm:

gallery_57723_8615_623593.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_898454.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1259966.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_903133.jpg

(This one is of the weapon the one above is carrying)

gallery_57723_8615_1249766.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1130375.jpg

Thoughts or Comments?

The sword on the first guy is insane, I'm pretty sure its longer than he is tall. But I like it. How many chainswords were combined for it?

A total of three, each one cut a certain length. I based it off the sword the chapter master of the Flesh Tearer's  uses. I am surprised no one commented on the last guy's shield and asked where did I get it XD

Now I have a question have you tried the army painter anti gloss seal?

I tried it the other day just to see what it did and it actually is a good trick to use,

I'm loving the poses and can't wait to see more work :D

Now I have a question have you tried the army painter anti gloss seal?

I tried it the other day just to see what it did and it actually is a good trick to use,

I'm loving the poses and can't wait to see more work biggrin.png

I have not yet, haven't even heard of it till you mentioned it. I might have to look into it. Thanks about the poses. I wanted a Vanguard Squad, yet at the same time I wanted a breacher type squad, withouth having to buy actual breachers. So, I had the spare shields (Hurray for Necron Lychguard I will never use lol) and bitz, so I started building. Then I got to the last guy, and didnt have a necron shield due to I had used it on a different model. So... I had a dead flashdrive I couldn't use so... I kinda sorta took the case a part and made the last guy's shield. I am waiting on the Warp Talons/Raptors to come in. I am going to be doing them up in the Sons of Malice scheme, which will still let me try weathering out on them. Question is though... Warp Talons or Raptors?

Interesting use of old electronics. On a side note, someone on ebay was selling rhinos made from old harddrives not that long ago. I have a bunch of army painter stuff, I might just have a bottle of the anti gloss. I really need to decide which red I'll use for the ETL. I've got all three Army Painter reds including the new chaotic red.

That's a lot of choppers! 

A touch of curiosity, but what hobby tools do you own? A gentle brushing can work wonders before a photo, just give the model a once over to remove any dust or hairs, sometimes cameras can be problematic and focus on things that draw away from some of the details. 

Okay everyone. My Warp Talons/Raptors came in and after much debate with myself and others, I choose to go the route of the Warp Talons, mainly due to fluff reasons and my love for lightning claws. Yet.... Fluff wise, would it be okay if mine talked, just not with their mouths, but pyshicly? 

Anyways, enough rambling, here is how far I got before crashing for bed:

http://i.imgur.com/YCQ65FU.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone. I apologize for the silence. I have been busy around the house and being distracted by Fallout: New Vegas. But, I do have pic's with me to show I haven't forgotten near the Blood Guardians, or the Sons of Malice.

I will present the Blood Guardians today, since I do not have the Warp Talons pictured yet:

First off is my count as Astorath the Grim, Xaltorian Viperous, High Lord Chaplain of the Blood Guardians:

gallery_57723_8615_266495.jpg

Next are individual and group shots of my Death Company, which I am in the process of renaming to suit the Blood Guardians More:

Family shot of all the DC:

http://i.imgur.com/Mp0cdCn.jpg

Individuals:

gallery_57723_8615_661125.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1289362.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_234964.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1396359.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_606569.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1066795.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1468892.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_789131.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1011709.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_648042.jpg

Then the above image banner pole:

gallery_57723_8615_1214930.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_361263.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1779360.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_134373.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1434108.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1426832.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_913619.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_316327.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1246640.jpg

gallery_57723_8615_1646782.jpg

Now for Xaltorian with the DC:

http://i.imgur.com/xldbxqj.jpg

If anyone needs additional pics of any of the presented models, please ask me. I would also love to hear comments, suggestions anything on these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

"Kneel you fething idiot! Do you not know whose presence you are in? Do you not have any respect or honor for the High Lord Guardian, the Slayer of the Black Ones? After this, I am going to seriously have to teach you some bloody manners."

gallery_57723_8615_1179452.jpg

"You see the sword and laurels that adorn his left pauldron? That is no mere adornment or decoration. It is a gift from the Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, Gabriel Seth, for the assistance during a Daemonic invasion on Xalonis V. Do you really not know our history lad? I am going to have to have a long and serious talk with Drigo on your learning."

gallery_57723_8615_444062.jpg

"The High Lord Guardian has strode the theater of war for as long as I can remember, even before Brother Ares had been placed into his cold housing in the Furioso Dreadnought. Yet when he speaks... It fills anyone in range of his voice with a righteous fury and when we went to war... None could stay our wrath."

gallery_57723_8615_1090462.jpg

"The sword he carries is one a ancient, yet mysterious, origin. No one within the chapter, not even Bre'Kalin, knows where it came from. The High Lord has carried that blade since he rose to the rank of High Lord Guardian. But everyone does know this: A single touch from the blade can send even the most zealous of a heretic burning from the inside out, their screams silenced by the flames as they tear through the victims body. So, be for warned lad, if you as so much try to betray the Blood Guardians, you feel be feeling that blade at your neck, and you will be staring into the lifeless pits of Demonus Valar, High Lord Guardian of the Blood Guardians, Death Mask and that is the last thing you shall see."

gallery_57723_8615_566518.jpg

- Captain Sariel Azer, "the Silent Angel", 2nd Company, speaking to his recruits about Demonus Valar and during the war council of Sedraxis.

As always, C&C is welcomed and needed.

• 3 months later...

I have returned from the long Warp storm I have been in, with only a updated army shot, and this was taken before I packed it all up in preparation for saturday when I go to a friends house to help him learn how to play.

Here is the shot:

http://i.imgur.com/BUFuEIj.jpg

Also.... What would y'all like me to see purchase and work on next? Suggestions would be great!

You should get a contemptor if possible, also welcome back!

I have thought about this but at the same time, I am unsure since I don't know where to go with my force yet lol. I either want to focus on the vehicle sector of the force, or go crazy and buy cool stuff to bulk up the force to add some firepower (or close combat power). 

I always end up going crazy and buying cool things, you know because it is more fun! :D

Same here! I am debating on if I should get a Sicarian tank or not lol.

You should *always* go with the option that requires getting a Sicaran ^_^

Archived