How to make Cypher?

HsojVvad

I am hoping one day when I get to it, that I will actually have a Cypher mini. I don't have the model, and want to custom build Cypher for now before I go out and buy his data slate. I haven't really put together my Dark Vengeance set yet. I was thinking of using the Librarian, the one with the hood and he is pointing as my Cypher. (Here I thought I finally got a Librarian :P) and instead of having a sword, it would be a pistol.

So my question is, is there an army I can use with a pistol in the DV set, or maybe the old DA veteran set that I can use for him? What else should I be including? What colour is his armour  now? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Exhibit A.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111040_zps8f8fa7f2.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111104_zps9808a610.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111116_zpsbce0ec90.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111134_zps28c94dca.jpg

Enjoy.

I never understood why they had him in Dark Green. Legion color was black. The only thought I have is that the loyalists who were on Caliban when Luther turned painted their armor a different color.

I never understood why they had him in Dark Green. Legion color was black. The only thought I have is that the loyalists who were on Caliban when Luther turned painted their armor a different color.

Yep, Cypher's Dataslate says that DA who rejected Luther's message repainted their armour.

Cheers,

Jono

Who is he a loyalist to though? If Cypher is the last remaining Knight of Lupus, I can see him being anti-Luther, anti-Chaos and pro-Lion, but he may still not be pro-Imperium. Then again, I'm fairly certain that pro-Imperial stance isn't all that high on the list of priorities for the Dark Angels any more either.

The questions of loyalties and motivations are part of what makes me like this continuing Legion so much more than the others who are clearly good Imperialists or Chaos without a lot of grey.

"We stand between the darkness and the light." It causes the DA/Unforgiven to be cast in a little shadow... :)

Which can only mean that Cypher is in fact a loyalist. Or he's so deep undercover even the Alpha Legion would have no idea what's going on

Nah, he's secretly Alpharius.

Who is he a loyalist to though?

The Lion. He owns his entire existence to the Lion.

"We stand between the darkness and the light." It causes the DA/Unforgiven to be cast in a little shadow...

E Tenebrae Lux.

From darkness [comes] light.

There is another ongoing topic to discuss Cypher's background.

Keep this one solely for a discussion on how to model him.

That way nothing gets duplicated or missed.

Cheers

I

Integral Cypher attributes;

1- Hooded cloak/robes

2- Ornate and Ancient Plasma and Bolt pistols

3- Sheathed Sword that is never drawn

4- Every official piece of artwork and painted model have Cypher in dark green armour

Cheers,

Jono

The hardest part for me to duplicate, which I also thought was iconic, is his chest skeleton. If not for that he would be fairly straight forward to create on your own. 

The hardest part for me to duplicate, which I also thought was iconic, is his chest skeleton. If not for that he would be fairly straight forward to create on your own.

If you can get your hands on this, the third guy in has a winged skeleton chest piece, IIRC. Cut, sculpt robes (easier said than done for me) and viola! Different Cypher chest plate with winged skeleton. Better than the plain skeleton IMO.

Actually, the first guy shown here also has the same chest plate, I think, and has an awesome skull beakie helm for a Chaplain conversion. :)

If I ever make a Cypher I'm going to use the Veteren box as has already been suggested. You get a good deal of extra DA bits from it and the Vet. sculpt that's walking forward looks pretty awesome and fits well with the character imo.

Bought the interactive version for Cypher. I like it, I am thinking if I ever get back into gaming, I will now have to get the interactive version of the rules. Is it worth it for those who bought it? I love the pop up rules so I don't have to look throughout what the special rules do.

That said, I finally noticed Cypher had a skeleton on his chest. Was it always there? Have I been blind? Haven't read the entire data slate yet. Is there an explanation for the skeleton on Cyhper's chest? If so what page? Please don't say why, I would like to be surprised for myself IF it is there.

Also how can I model that skeleton on? Green stuff? Any "bits" I could use to do this?

Archived