Vorth Mordrak "the Haunted" and the Third Brotherhood

Grimm Blade

• 3 weeks later...

It's...

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/groups/1/3/2055/thumb_940x3000/heresyveinpopping.png

Emperor bless me, I couldn't help myself! tongue.png

LOL!!!

I have received this reaction from the majority of people that see the Daemon sword on the GKT…… I am curious why people react this way considering that Crowe walks around with one… huh.png

… Seeing the key in a pic I am not 100% happy with it… I will go back and try again.

LOL!!!

I have received this reaction from the majority of people that see the Daemon sword on the GKT…… I am curious why people react this way considering that Crowe walks around with one… huh.png

… Seeing the key in a pic I am not 100% happy with it… I will go back and try again.

The issue is that Crowe is supposed to be the ONLY one. He carries the Blade of Antwyr because no vault could contain it, and no forge yet built or spell yet known can break it. His super incorruptibility is what makes him a special butterfly among the, err, super incorruptible GK. And he doesn't use the sword's abilities. So this guy, Crowe-esque, can't use any fancy champion rules or force weapons.

From a modeling perspective, I think the torso with raised sword looks fantastic. The only change I might make is the legs, for a pose that implies more movement rather than the horse-stance executioner's chop it currently has. Even if I had to chop up some legs and pose them, the model deserves it.

Perhaps he could be striding up some stones on the base, preparing to face a raised foe, or looking down at his next kill? I'm salivating just thinking about the possibilities. And I could totally use that sword and pose for a Relictor character! And...

LOL!!!

The issue is that Crowe is supposed to be the ONLY one. He carries the Blade of Antwyr because no vault could contain it, and no forge yet built or spell yet known can break it. His super incorruptibility is what makes him a special butterfly among the, err, super incorruptible GK. And he doesn't use the sword's abilities. So this guy, Crowe-esque, can't use any fancy champion rules or force weapons.

THIS JUST IN!!!……. The Grey Knights of Grand Master Mordrak's great Brotherhood have just banish a Greater Daemon carrying a sword forged by the forces of Chaos which like the blade of Antwyr, can not be contained in any vault, be destroyed, dispelled, or otherwise disposed of!!!!eek.gif

Good thing my Uber incorruptible terminator was at hand to take on the responsibility of guarding the blade!!! msn-wink.gif tongue.png

I love homegrown fluff.

I couldn't resist putting the pieces together for my Librarian! I just needed to remind myself of the end vision. As you can see, I got rid of the key already. I can't wait to get started on his "sword Brethren" cloak!!!

THIS JUST IN!!!……. The Grey Knights of Grand Master Mordrak's great Brotherhood have just banish a Greater Daemon carrying a sword forged by the forces of Chaos which like the blade of Antwyr, can not be contained in any vault, be destroyed, dispelled, or otherwise disposed of!!!!eek.gif

Good thing my Uber incorruptible terminator was at hand to take on the responsibility of guarding the blade!!! msn-wink.gif tongue.png

And so Tzeentch's plan to corrupt the Grey Knights one daemon sword at a time enters its second stage... Eeeeexcellent. msn-wink.gif

In all seriousness, though, this is some great looking stuff. I'll be watching closely from now on!

The cloak armature build has begun!!! First piece is attached with details added.

I have also sketched on what the future ripples/folds will look like. I am the most excited about sculpting the cloak to wrap around the shoulder pad.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more updates:

I swaped out the censer for some scrolls, any guesses as to where they are from?
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Grey%20Knights/ABC04DD9-FC16-407C-BBB2-DCC796DEC493_zps8xdibjlp.jpg

Here is the Censer's new home:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Grey%20Knights/FCA59436-B312-4A48-9B60-5DE1BB23DA30_zpsksnlnemo.jpg

And here is the start of the keys. I have a skull and a traditional one:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Grey%20Knights/8892A46F-77B5-4884-A732-25668E9A09FF_zpsoaxsejop.jpg

This guy is actually starting to get heavy because of all of all the extras! LOL

Archived