Third Company Dev Squad

Dafoo

Hey guys, I have been working on a Dev Squad for 3rd Company and was wondering which shoulder pads I should go with on the right shoulder. Third Company is a Tactical Company so does that Mean I would be using Tactical Marks for their emblem or would I be using That sort of blast Mark for Devastators?

I am trying to make my DA as accurate as possible for their Icons and what not. So any help would be appreciated. At the moment I have two Tac Squads and A Veterans/Command Squad put together.

I chose the third Company because I usually play Deathwing and Belial is from the 3rd before that. So it makes more sense that he would have them floating around, at least to me.

Third Company is a standard Battle Company that contains the usual mix of Tactical, Assault and Devastator squads.

Thus the company's two Dev squad would carry the Dev icon on their right shoulder pad.

Cheers

I

as Isiah said, the third is a battle company and so it has 6 tatical, 2 assault and 2 devastator squads marked as apropriate. the 6th and 7th are reserve tatical companies and as such are composed of 10 tatical squads

There are no Tactical Companies. There are the Deathwing, the Ravenwing, Battle Companies and Reserve Companies.

The job designation (Assault, Devastator, Tactical) has nothing to do with the type of company a squad is in. So devastators from 3rd through 5th company and those from the 9th will have the blast insignium or the HS.gif, not sure if Dark Angels use the latter.

The number superimposed on the symbol (cf. C:DA p. 73) is for the squad number within a company.

The blast has tended to be used in most codeces for DA as follows:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130915203916/warhammer40k/images/c/cf/Squad_Iconography_Non-Codex.jpg

However, there is no reason why you cannot use the lambda/inverted V, a blocked in triangle, or versions of these. According to the Insignum Astartes book,  the 'Codex Astartes' requires chapter masters to periodically review and change squad insignia, so it is likely that the DA battle and reserve companies have/do use all versions at some point.

Archived