Stronghold assault- multi part buildings

Grey Mage

So, if you take the magos machine spirit upgrade- allowing your building to fire at a better BS- on say, the fortress of redemption- can you use the remove fire upgrade to allow them all to do so?

A fortress of redemption can be upgraded to have this special rule. If so, any of the fortification's emplaced weapons (using either automated or manual fire) by models occupying the main tower, even if the building housing the emplaced weapons is unoccupied.

Normally a fortifications upgrades in a multi-part building only affect that part.

I see what you're getting at - once you've upgraded the main tower with the Magos Machine Spirit, and you've also added the Remote Fire upgrade, the models occupying the main tower can fire all of the emplaced weapons. If you don't have models occupying the main tower, but have claimed it earlier in the game, so it's on your side, then the main tower would still be able to fire all of the emplaced weapons at its improved BS.

At first glance, I don't see anything preventing this, GM.

Don't need the machine spirit for that. A squad of 6 guys in the main tower can fire the missiles, lascannon, and 4 heavy bolters as it is.

That being said, I'd say that you'd have to purchase the upgrade for every building part, as it only affects that building's auto-fire, not the entire multi-part building. This is stated in the Multiple Part Buildings and Upgrades paragraph.

Archived