Attack Bikes and Grenades

3DJutsu

Can an Attack Bike shoot it's Heavy Weapon AND throw a Grenade in place of the TL Bolter? 

BRB pg45 states "BIKES & JETBIKES -> Shooting: Each Bike or Jetbike in a unit can fire with one weapon for each rider on the Bike. Thus a Space Marine Attack Bike with a driver and passenger in sidecar can fire two weapons."

BRB pg62 states "KRAK GRENADES -> Shooting: When a unit armed with krak grenades makes a shooting attack one model can choose to throw a grenade, rather than using another shooting weapon."

Well the problem arises when it says 'one model may'.

The bike is one model, but can fire two weapons. Does this mean it has two separate shooting attacks and can replace the firing of one with a krak grenade, or must it forego any shooting in lieu of a grenade simply because it is a single model?

I've seen a scant few posts here and there back from when 6E hit, and there was a lot of confusion as  to wether or not the grenades negated shooting completely, or just replaced one shooting attack.

Well the problem arises when it says 'one model may'.

The bike is one model, but can fire two weapons. Does this mean it has two separate shooting attacks and can replace the firing of one with a krak grenade, or must it forego any shooting in lieu of a grenade simply because it is a single model?

It does not give up ALL of its shooting attacks.  Just uses the grenade in place of firing one weapon. 

Actually thats a pretty good idea!   I believe the rule states that a bike can use one weapon for each model riding it (can someone confirm?).   That would indicate to me that the sidecar rider can fire the multimelta while the rider throws a krak grenade and make that perfectly legal.

Archived