Psykers and Fortifications

L30n1d4s

Can Psykers cast Blessings/Maledictions when inside a fortification with firing points?

I know that they can cast Witchfire (since it counts as a shooting attack and they can shoot out of a firing point), but can they cast a blessing on a unit that is not inside the building with them or cast a malediction on an enemy unit that is with range/LOS from one of their building firing points?

Kind of torn on this one. The rules seem to contradict themselves (quel surprise!). Page 78:

FIRE POINTS
A Transport might have a number of Fire Points defined in its entry. A Fire Point is a hatch or gun slit from which one or more passengers inside the vehicle can fire shooting weapons (or use witchfire/psychic shooting attacks).

Which seems to contradict the section that Gentlemanloser quoted above. And further down that same page we have (emphasis mine):

Ranges and line of sight are measured from the Fire Point itself.

If you can measure LOS from a transport's fire point then there should be no reason why you are not able to use other psychic abilities that require LOS and yet you are forbidden from doing so.

The usual mess of GW rules writing. For some reason a Psyker can stand in a tall building with a massive window that 8 models can fire out of and be unable to draw LOS to a friendly unit to buff them but can somehow draw LOS to enemy units to blast them? Makes no sense but I guess we should be used to that by now.

Archived