XV107 R'varna Battlesuit shooting flyers

Blindhamster

A mate of mine is planning to bring this thing along to our game on monday, looking at its weapon profile, it's a blast weapon, but it appears to be able to target 'any type' of vehicle and does 3 hits at strength 8... does that include flyers? it will be a deciding factor on if it's worth bringing the storm raven (blood angels one) or not (clearly not if it can almost certainly take it out as it enters the board)

Yes but the weapon works based on hitting the target with the blast template, then working out the strength and how many hits based on what the target is. Flyers can't be hit by blast templates, so It won't be able to effect you. However if you decide to hover, then it will be able to hurt you :D

Did this thing ever make it out of the Experimental Rules classification? If you don't feel like play testing their rules you don't have to. This is definitely one of the more over powered and under cost Forge World units.

I've play tested it already. It is just sick. When used right it's over the top. Well, my buddy wouldn't listen and moved a 5 man Centurion squad towards it... the hilarity ensued with him having to take 34 saves after just the R'Varna shooting at it. After that it ate his gunline.. alive. Then we had sushi. My Grey Hunters were content sitting on their objectives doing nothing.

If you play against it, never ever bunch up. That thing will be the death of you. Will be nice to have against the new 'Nids though smile.png

Archived