Shield of Sanguinius and Jinx

GAZ_AV_NZ

^ as above.

Also:

jink
dʒɪŋk/
verb

1. 1.
    change direction suddenly and nimbly, as when dodging a pursuer.
    "she was too quick for him and jinked away every time"
noun

1. 1.
    a sudden quick change of direction.
    "people remember him for his runs on the wing, his jinks"

jinx  (jhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifngks)

n.
1. A person or thing that is believed to bring bad luck.
2. A condition or period of bad luck that appears to have been caused by a specific person or thing.
tr.v. jinxedjinx·ingjinx·es
To bring bad luck to.

Yea, I was going to say JinK only affects armour saves... smile.png

Yea, SoS clearly states that it provides a 5+ cover save.

Think about it like this: If saves stacked, what would a captain with Terminator Armour and Iron Halo get? Not to mention the Storm Shield.

I was asking as JinK is a separate ability like stealth and shrouded that gives a cover save.

Jinx is a cover save.

As you say stealth and shrouded can be added on.

If it is, jinK is a separate cover save why does it not stack like the others as they are cover saves? 

I thought Dark angels Ravenwing bikes could stack there shrouded con from there new vehicle on there bikes

Same principle with Sos 

Eldar stack there saves lol and it is not clear about that

Shrouded is a bonus to a cover save, or provides one if you don't have one already.

Jink is a cover save.  Shield is a cover save.  Sadly neither can be used as a bonus to another cover save (shield would make more sense as giving shrouded, but that is not what it currently does)

I was asking as JinK is a separate ability like stealth and shrouded that gives a cover save.

Jinx is a cover save.

As you say stealth and shrouded can be added on.

If it is, jinK is a separate cover save why does it not stack like the others as they are cover saves? 

I thought Dark angels Ravenwing bikes could stack there shrouded con from there new vehicle on there bikes

Same principle with Sos 

Eldar stack there saves lol and it is not clear about that

The reason Eldar stack, and DA stack is because of very specific wording - most of this wording revolves around Stealth and Shrouding- which are the stacking covers.

Jink is neither stealth nor shrouding - nor is SoS either of those.  

Stealth gives a +1 to an existing cover save.

Shrouding gives a +2 to an existing cover save.

Jink allows a 5+ cover.

SoS allows a 5+ cover. 

So you get 2x 5+ cover available -of which you may only take one as per the rules. 

Ok thanks Morticon

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me a clear breakdown

I used to be a DA player since you basically could. I used to play them very well over the years.

I recently sold my DA army I had.   The latest codex was disappointing, and Ive grown to like the BA fluff more. Especially with the HH books.

I've Always been reading BA fluff along side DA and saw a big army BA for sale and thought id try BA.

November last year I bought a painted army of three land Raiders, StormRaven, 50 Marines, all HQ and Elite options,  20 assault marines, 11 scouts, 10 termies, rhino, baal pred, vindi, 2 drop pods, 20 DC and rhino, 4 dreads 2 DC and 1 Fur and 1 libby dread.

I have recently added 70 marines, 2 drop pods, LR prometheus, another vindi which I'm painting up same paint job , a fellblade and sicaran battle tank.

I've bought shoulder pads for all and I'm re painting them and alot of the minis and re doing all there pads as the guy never did any markings on them.

I'm making a legion effectively that's workable in both rules of HH and 40k.

I'm now playing tournaments with them this year and ill see how i go.  I'm just testing rules and playing with friends getting ready.
I like to check the rules so I'm doing things right  :)

While I've heard  BA may not do well in tourns it all comes down to the players skill to a certain degree.

While I've got newer armies I can play with like my Daemons etc that win lots id rather play BA even with the old codex.

Winning isn't everything its about having fun.

Thanks for your help again.

Archived