well, I have finally done it (the purchasing part at least)

marvmoogy

18 months ago, I got back into the hobby with Grey Knights. Soon thereafter came the release of Dark Vengeance and I just had to return to my first army - The Dark Angels.

As these things tend to, I went from collecting a small force to thinking bigger. The plan materialised to build up a full battle company with Deathwing and Ravenwing support.

Well, I now have the full battle company! Along with half the 1st Company and a couple of Ravenwing units. I haven't managed to get the armoured support I want to get yet, but, as I'm sure you guys can understand, these things are never truly finished....right?

So, I now have:

Full inner-circle

Company Master, Librarian and Chaplain

Command Squad

10x Company Veterans

6 Tactical Squads (mix of load outs)

2 Assault Squads (1 with 2x Plasma pistols, 1 with 2x flamers)

2 Devastator Squads (these need building, not sure on load out yet)

3 Dreadnoughts

Belial (conversion), Termie Chaplain and Termie Librarian

Deathwing Command Squad

Deathwing Knights

40-odd Termies

Land Raider Crusader

Lander Raider

Chaplain Dreadnought

Sammael, Chaplain on a bike

3x Black Knights

2 full bike squads

Fire Raptor

I still need to do some building and I only have about 4 models painted!!! but I'm happy to have reached this milestone!

Fingers crossed, I'll get the rest built up over the next couple of weeks and undercoated so you can see how it looks!

Just wanted to share! teehee.gif

Re: paint scheme, I have tried the GW suggested route and think the high-lights are just WAY too bright - the test model looks like he has neon strips around the edges of his armour!

I'm after quite a dark look for my guys, and so far I'm quite happy with the:

Army Painter Angel Green spray base coat

GW wash (can't remember what it is called, but it's the green one) applied liberally.....think drowning the guys in it!

1st of the suggested GW layers

This gives a subtle high light (which you can't really make out on a picture sad.png ) which I quite like.

I've base coated and washed 2 or 3 tactical squads....so hopefully I can get the whole company to take state within a couple of months. The problem is, after 10 years in work, I've decided to go back to uni to retrain....and it's a rather intense course!

@Archangel - yup, 18 months (well, just under, but what's the odd month between friends). I know, it's not a lot of progress, I was hoping I'd have a lot more painted by now :(

You have begun the mission. Do not falter. Be strong.

Om ! Paint is infinite, and plastic is infinite.

The model proceeds from the infinite.

Taking the infinitude of the infinite,

It remains as the infinite alone.

Om ! Build ! Build ! Build !

Army painter green angel spray saves so much time

Skull white for death wing washed with 50/50 sepia and agrax makes quick work of the death wing

And chaos black with macharius standard grey highlights

My friend lets see some paint ;)

Im right there with you brother! I'm a mere Tactical squad away from my own Battle company (and Asmodai if you are counting him among the Inner Circle).

Currently in the process of painting the Assault Marines and Bolter devestators.

Just praise the lion and bring on the sea of CALIBAN GREEN (also Id suggest going from Squad>Character>Different Squad type>Character to keep things fresh along the way)

OH and for my paint scheme I go Prime Chaos Black>Basecoat Caliban Green/Leadbelcher>Wash librerally with NulOil>Highlight 50/50 SnotGreen/Caliban Green>Highlight 75/25 SnotGreen/Caliban Green>edge Highlight very edges in MootGreen>detail weapons(casings in Khorne Red)/eyes/Aquilas etc

DW: Prime Black>Base Rhakarith Flesh>Wash with Gryphonne Sepia>Metal bits in Leadbelcher>layer/drybrush Bleached Bone (suppose you can use Ushbanti if you're unable to find the amazing color that was BB)>detail as needed.

For the First Legio... *cough* Dark Angels Chapter whistling.gif

Archived