Introduction and Deathwing Inquisitor Ally WIP

seethe

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself.  Been playing 40k for about 5 years or so and have always had a Dark Angels army.  I tend to stick to bikes and termies for the most part, with a few vehicles here and there.  

I spent a few weeks scouring the interwebs looking for a decent Inquisitor to add to my current collection (gotta love all the buffs those guys bring) but after finding nothing I was happy with, I decided to use some of my spare bits and a Grey Knight terminator to make a kitbashed custom Inquisitor.  I tried to make him be easily identifiable and after a decent paint job, I don't think he'll be hard to miss.

Anywho, onto the pics: A custom Deathwing Ordo Malleus Inquisitor

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p789/brrndontew/20140113_212646_zpsd9f472f3.jpg

He is kitted out with a Liber Heresius, Nemesis Demonhammer, a Psycannon with Psybolt ammunition, and Empyrean brainmines (which I tried to represent with the grenades on his right hip).

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p789/brrndontew/20140113_212712_zpse782621e.jpg

I tried to fit Dark Angel iconography where I could without losing the Inquisitor theme.  I figured if he had been fighting with the Dark Angels long enough to fight with the Deathwing that they would have hooked him up with a shoulder pad, at least.  I don't run any DW Knights, so I had plenty of hammers left around for him to use.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p789/brrndontew/20140113_212701_zps1dfa4826.jpg

I was unhappy with how boring his backside was, and went back and forth between the DW banner and the GK banner.  Ultimately I decided that the GK banner had more of an Inquisitor feel.  I like how it turned out, it reminds me of a Samurai in a way.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p789/brrndontew/20140113_212725_zps3a9bd603.jpg

About the only thing I am not happy about is the way the pistol on his leg looks tacked on.  I may move it to his hip, or remove it altogether, but I wanted him to look ridiculously kitted out.  I imagine an Inquisitor always brings more than is necessary into battle.  I had also shaved a part of the leg in order to accommodate his gun arm, and later chose a different piece, so I am admittedly covering up a poorly planned spot.  

Please hit me with your comments and criticisms!  Let me know what I should do with that left leg and the oddly placed pistol holster.  I'm glad to finally be a part of the forums as well.  I always come here for advice and tips on my good ole Dark Angels, and figured it's time I should just sign up and start posting myself.

Welcome to the Rock brother :) 

You OMI looks the business - I too have been working on a very similarly conversion.  Is that Psycannon from the GKT kit?  It looks bigger somehow.  And to me the pistol and knife look ok as they are.  The use of the banner on his back is also a stroke of Genius; it may not be to everyone's taste but consider the idea "stolen" ;)

Do you intend to use a Warband with him?  I've been looking to add some GKT's to assist my DW; giving me anti Demon and Anti Chaos in one list; whilst keeping an all TDA force.

I must say that the pistol is positioned awkwardly, i would try to move it to the waist. The banner also doesn't work for me as if you see the model from behind it's like some hiding behind a curtain... And a small pet peeve: No matter how much time an Inq fights with DA, he would get a DA shoulder pad. Some other trinket maybe, but DA heraldry is DA heraldry.

All in all the model looks cool, but has those small details I dont partcularly like.

I think it is actually the Psilencer, I am not 100% on GKs, but it is from the terminator kit.  Everything on the model can be found in the GK Termie kit or the DW Termie kit, aside from the pistol on the leg.

I am going to use him in my DA list, for sure.  I am mostly interested in playing fun lists with friends, so I will either bend the rules a bit and use him to give a LRC (you can't have allies embark on your main detatchments transports) full of terminators and Belial a scout move, or for more serious applications run a list where he DWAs with Belial and a group of 10 terminators.  Regardless of what list he plays in, I currently just have him by himself as a particularly shiny addition to my armies.  The high strength shots he brings, along with prescience, make any squad of terminators better.

I have a few lists playing with the Inquisition codex however.  I mainly use them for over the top applications.  The list I am refering to uses Coteaz and 3 groups of Acolytes in 3 Valkyries, however I have not gone about kitting up a bunch of acos, and I dont own any Valks.  If nothing else, the amount of shenanigans you can add to an army with the Inquisition codex is worth the 20$ or so.

Edit: @Chaplain Lucifer - I figured the banner would be a love it or hate it addition to the model, but I wanted to do something a little different than stacking it on his back, or having him hold it.  I think over the top fits for an inquisitor.  The shoulderpad too;  I like the way it looks.  I wanted to keep him as ornate as possible, but still wanted him to seem like he fit with my DAs without looking like a sore thumb.  

I am going to give my spare bits another pass and see what I can't find to take the place of the pistol tomorrow, it's bugging me as well.  I may move it on the belt or remove it altogether.  

Another thing I noticed is that I forgot to put the small shoulder shield that terminators get next to their shoulder pads.  I will have to take care of that as well

I love the loadout you've given him - but no servo skulls?

Liking the model very much but I think the banner is a trick too far. I prefer my allied Inquisitors understated - just my personal preference of course <_<.

Cheers

I

I have a servo skull standing by, just haven't figured out a good spot to stick it pinch.gif

as soon as i get the chance today, i am going to update him...move the pistol and hopefully add a servo skull

Archived