Thousand Sons Grav tank project

Iron Death

Many years ago when i was just getting started in 40k. I saw a model showcase in a white dwarf magazine (when it was good but thats another topic entirely). It was a grav rhino someone did up for Thousand Sons complete with LED's. This one model inspired me to futher my skills as a modeler and painter and I feel that it is time that I bring the conversion that has been living in my brain for many years to the table top.

This model will have more LED's than any other I have done. 11 in total. 2 in each track, 3 in the passenger area and 4 head lights. All the LED's are going to flash except the Head Lights so I have to wire in 2 switches and battery packs. I have the tank mostly assembled but the two halves can still seperate so I can ensure all the lights will function and paint before completeing the assembly.

IMAG0153

I tried coming up with ideas to close the areas where the treads are spose to be and found that flipping the treads over and using greenstuff to fill in the gaps worked pretty well. Took some fine grit pinecar sandpaper to smmoth and round the edges and presto.

IMAG0155

IMAG0154

I wanted the body to be clean and smooth so I filled and sanded all the holes for axles vents and other misc. details that are really unnessasary for magic propeled grav vehicles.

IMAG0188

IMAG0187

IMAG0186

I will post more pictures as this project moves closer to completion.

Archived