℧ Batle for Macragge ℧

GrandMagnus

℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/513/3eer.jpg

WHILST WE STAND, WE FIGHT. WHILST WE FIGHT, WE PREVAIL. NOTHING SHALL STAY OUR WRATH.

℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧℧

CHAPTER 1

+++ Red Hills, Macragge, - 04:00 hours before the first assault +++

He took a deep breath and sighed. Romulos stood with his armed crossed listening vagely to the conversations between the other sergeants of the 2nd Company as they awaited their orders. He had no particular interest in what they were saying, most of it tactics or wagers, vows and promises, common in the wake of a battle. Ammianus, the senior veteran sergeant of the company was immersed in a profund talk about tactics with Sigmus, honoured brother Crassus and Orion. Roma and champion Tellion, were as always wagering and boasting. The other sergeants and members of the command squad were submerged in their own conversations.

No, his own thoughts were busy somewhere else, as always. He looked at their deployment zone where battle-brothers stood talking, preparing their weapons or listening to the chaplains preaching. A marine armed in full plate walked up next to him and gave him a light pad on the pauldron. - 'Do you think any of our brother chapters will come to our aid?' - A young voice spoke. Romulus did not know what to answer, so instead he shrugged, a movement that looked both clumsy and uncomfortable within the heavy power armour - 'I don't know Galatius... Guess we will have to wait and see' – he gave him a weird little smile, which was normal because he was not used to smiling.

They both snapped to attention as an old barking voice called the sergeant to unite. They walked up and formed part of the half circle that was taking shape around Ammianus as he finished talking through the vox. - 'Brothers, the chapter council have passed down their orders following the tactics described by the holy Codex Astartes. Sergeant Orion, take Sigmus and Invictor and move your squads to the left flank, above the ridge and prepare the defenses alongside the 56th Auxilliary company and the 3rd Armoured regiment. Sergeant Romulus, take Galatius and Octavian and move your squads to the right flank alongside the 101st Auxilliary company and the 10th armoured regiment. Typhan, you go with Romulos and Tercon you go with Orion, make sure to give the enemy hell. Roma and Solinus, take your assault troops and move them to the vanguard, the captain wants you to be prepared to move in wherever the line might be broken. Everything understood? Any questions?' - Of course there weren't, they were Astartes and they knew their duty. - 'Good. Courage and Honour brothers, for Macragge.' - He slammed his fist into his chest and the rest followed his example.

They all turned away and started moving towards their designated positions, reuniting their squads through vox comunication. - 'Valius, Valius come in' - he called through the vox waiting for his second in command to answer - 'Sergea... What's yo... ders?' - A static was increasing on the vox but he took no notice of it - 'Valius, prepare the squad and move them to the right flank, I will be there soon' - The vox crackled to life again, this time without static - 'Understood. There seems to be some problems with the comunications Romulos, I'll try t...' - and the vox broke up again. He sighed yet again, a fight against and unknown enemy and with static on the comunication is going to be annoying, he thought.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello brothers, I have finally started my Ultramarines "Battle for Macragge" project. It will be a mix of minis and fluff and I must insist Im a terrible writer tongue.png So any help there would be appreciated. Just remeber, C&C are always welcome, later today I will post some pictures of the 1st tactical squad, Squad Romulos.

Courage and Honour, for the Emperor.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/827/b9zj.jpg

Veteran-sergeant Romulos, II Tactical squad.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/839/smuv.jpg

Brothers Valius and Daceus. 

*Very WIP pictures, they will have some fluff when I finish painting them.*

+++Pic-capture / Red-Hills-Macragge / Brother-Daceus-CODE-001992 / COLOUR-ERROR-01000101 +++

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/836/zx2o.jpg

*Just a little tease (theres no sunlight currently but I couldnt wait) ;) Im still waiting for those damn bits and writing some fluff.

Looking great man! I have a guy in my first Tactical squad in almost the exact same pose, the new plastics are a dream, right!?

An expensive dream, lol, but they are nice. Looking forward to seeing some paint on these proud sons of Guilliman.

Looking great man! I have a guy in my first Tactical squad in almost the exact same pose, the new plastics are a dream, right!?

An expensive dream, lol, but they are nice. Looking forward to seeing some paint on these proud sons of Guilliman.

Definetly a dream! I was a bit annoyed by the extra 5 € but its worth it.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/845/ulf5.jpg

+++ Pic. Capture 002182 / Veteran Sergeant Romulos, 2nd Comp, Ultramarines / Red Hills, Macragge +++

Veteran sergeant Romulos was born among Macragge's noble families and raised through the ranks of the Ultramarines with haste until at the age of 35 he was awarded veterancy and eventually at 43 became a sergeant and seconded to the 2nd Company. His talent lies in the command of squads in the heat of battle and not in the logistics of battle-planing.

Armed with a power sword and bolt pistol, his armour is a regular suit of mark VII with raised collar and the crux terminatos (awarded thanks to his service in the 1st company) built into his right pauldron.

During the battle for Macragge he lead the II tactical squad through some of the most hellish confrontations of the war and, even though he survived, he lost most of his squad. After this he was inducted into the newly founded Tyranid War Veterans created by chaplain Cassius and eventually met his end on Veruvian III in 783/41st millenium after nearly a century of service.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/855/14zf.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/833/rlsz.jpg

*Oh boy, he was fun to paint biggrin.png The red helmet made me want to paint Blood Angels, maybe thats a good idea for a future project (maybe even heresy era...). The base is a bit plain but I need to get some static grass to add some character.

Dude, absolutely love Romulos! The weathering and gold are great, and i particularly like the helmet. Really nicely done.

Can i ask for your red recipe for the helmet?

Thanks! You sure can.

1st: Start off with a basecoat (over black spray) of Mephiston Red.

2nd: Give it a wash in the recesses with a mix 1:1 of Mephiston Red and Kantor blue, add a bit of black if you feel it needs to be darker.

3rd: start highlighting the edges with a mix 1:1 of Mephiston R. and Blood R. (or similar).

4th: second highlight with pure Blood R.

5th: Only on the most exposed areas and under battle damage use a bit of Troll Slayer Orange (or similar).

CHAPTER 2

They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars on the firmament of battle, Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So it shall be for a thousand times for a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh.

- Openening line of the Codex Astartes -

+++ Red Hills, Macragge, 00:00 hours, first assault +++

Macragges sun was high in the midday sky as the forces of Ultramar prepared themselves. The fleet in orbit was already in open engagement with the alien fleet and they had been warned that the enemy was launching a sort of organic drop pods with an unidentified payload. The defenders of Macragge looked on as millions of these pods clouded the sky and dropped with alarming speed towards the ground.

'Did they not say that the enemy was launching organic drop pods or was I just hearing things...?' - Valius mumbled to his brother Daceus as they watched the black dots entering the upper atmosphere - 'No living creature should be able to survive a drop from orbit, it's impossible'.

'That's what they said, but even the xenos love a dramatic entry' - Daceus chuckled quietly. He did not need to take his helmet of for Valius to know his brother was grinning. He had always been quite the joker even in the heat of battle. - 'But I really hope they don't die, else this would be a boring battle.' - again he chuckled. The two brothers had been brought up together on Talassar and had joined the chapter at the same time, becoming inseperable brothers, bound not just by duty and honour, but by their bloodlines and ancenstry.

'Well we best move along before Romulos has to drag to the front line...' - he was interrupted mid sentence by the stern voice of their sergeant - 'You are right in that Valius, now get moving you two'

Romulos was growing anxious, he had been organizing the right flanks formation and battleplans during the last 3 hours, staying in constant communication with the rest of the company and the Auxilliar commanders. Everything was finally ready and in good time, the enemy forces were already starting to land, the heavy poundings of the organic pods crashed into the ground, raising dust. In just a few seconds after their landing his helmet starting giving warning signals, the atmosphere and humidity of the landing zone was starting to rise, slowly at first but then faster and wider. He started running until he arrived unto the Aegis defense line and let out a gasp.

'Emperor preserve us...' - What he saw was thousands of insect like creatures armed with claws as long as broadswords running at an incredible speed, supported by another winged species of xenos. Romulos drew his sword as the rest of the squad took positions around him and raised it, the point touching the fading sun in the horizon so that its light reflected of the blade and embraced the warriors around him. - 'Brothers! In the name of the Emperor, our beloved primarch and for Macragge! Purge the xenos! FOR MACRAGGE!' - The warcry was amplified by his external vox and the thundering sound of the warriors of Ultramars voices shouting became deafening.

The first barrage of artillery fire sounded and shook the ground, blowing up the xenos creatures by the dozen but still they came charging with no visible fear of the imperial cannons. In what seemed like the blink of an eye they were within range of the battle formations firearms and the sound became more empowering. They died by the hundreds now, but still they did not halt their relentless assault. Romulos raised his bolt pistol as one of the xenos jumped and he let loose a round, blowing away part of its upper torso. A second one came right after the first and lost its legs to the edge of his blade and as it hit the ground he turned on his heel and put a round in its brain, making sure it would not stand up again.

But the creatures gave no time to breathe. Just a few meters to his left Valius had already emptied the first magazine on his bolter and was quickly reloading as his brother kept the creatures at bay. To his right Maximus was cascading buring prometheum from his flamer upon the scores of the incoming xenos creatures and from behind, standing untop of a rock stood Eleus firing his heavy bolter with a extreme presicion, laying a devastating cover fire of exploding proyectiles. So far none of his battle-brothers had fallen, but the battle was just beginning.

+++ Brothers Valius and Daceus +++

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/541/hvl9.jpg

*Im having a bit of a damn writters block right now. Anyways C&C welcome brothers and any suggestions for bettering the fluff are also welcome.

Archived