℧ Batle for Macragge ℧

GrandMagnus

Forte: I will count that as a win haha.

Dange: Thank you brother, I cant stretch enough how amazing your SofH are.

Cheexsta: Thanks! I would love to make the whole 2nd company with a few bits of 1st company and the deathwatch.

Battle-brother Eleus, heavy weapons expert of the II tactical squad, II Company, Ultramarines.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/809/qoqo.jpg

No fluff just yet but Im working on it. I hope you like him, Im trying different things for picture taking. Which reminds me, do any of you know a good free programm for uploading pictures? Its seems like my free account in ImageShack is running out.

I also use photobucket - no complaints.

Really like your ultras - having seen all the new GW kits I'm seriously tempted to collect a small force of loyalists, I'll be watching closely Anaziel

Wow! super impressed by your painting skills- IMO, it is hard to balance clean painting befitting a proud loyalist chapter and realistic wear and tear. Yours is one of the nicest I have seen!

Any group shots?

Thanks for the kind words brothers :D 

Darth and T0MMY: Ill check out both of them, thanks for the suggestions.

Geektom and Ultrad8: Okay, Ill get a group shot tomorrow of the 5 guys I have painted so far. Im glad to hear you like the weathering Tom, I was a bit biased myself in the beginning, Im not very used to it.

Noctus: Its always nice when I can make a few traitors turn their heads ;)

CHAPTER 3.

"The gunships of the Adeptus Astartes shall be like the mighty dragons of the old tales, flying on wings of steel and brining inferno upon entire worlds, your airborn steed and salvation from the sky." - Extract from the Codex Astartes.

+++ Red Hills, Macragge, 00:56 hours after the initial assault +++

'BURN you ugly bastards!' - Maximus cried out as he unleashed a tongue of fire upon a score of xenos, the burning liquid attaching itself to their exoskeleton and burning them to ash within instants. He loved it, every last bit of it. His bare head was sweating from the close proximity to the fire, the flames reflecting in his shaved scalp.

He turned left and happily applied his trigger finger to raise even more chaos among the xenos. He was hit in the back by a splatter of something liquid, the feeling running through his nerve receptors within the armour and through to his body. He dugged low and looked back only to see a small group tyranids being blow apart by the heavy bolter rounds of brother Eleus.

'You owe me one Maximus.' - the calm voice of Eleus chuckled through the vox. He grinned behind his rebreather and shouted over the noise of the battle. He was about to answer when he felt something incoming behind him and with a quick move he drew his combat knife just in time to slice the attacking creatures throat.

He looked up as he heard an light humming, slowly increasing in volume. He wasn't sure what it was, it sounded like insects or maybe machines. His doubts would were answered less than a minute later when the general vox crackled open - 'Right flank, this is lead Stormraven Gunship squadron Bravo-Echo-Echo-Bravo “Calth´s Fury”. Warning, cover your heads, we are coming in low.' - The humming was extremely loud by the end of the transmission as the five gunships passed above them firing heavy weaponry into the alien lines, bolter fire blowing their corpses appart and lascannons leaving long lines of burned alien and cristalized sand in its wake. The gunships made a U turn in air and came back releasing a second devastating volley of firepower into the alien hordes.

A loud cheer rose from the imperial line in response to thisunexpected air support and the first sign of doubt appeared among the tyranids, as some started turning on eachother and others were fleeing like animals would when they saw a hunter. Victory in this battle was within grasp, but the war was not yet over.

'Calth´s Fury reporting, returning to base camp for rearming, Emperor be with you brothers.'

Battle brother Maximus, II tactical squad, II company, Ultramarines.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P1280031_zps2a757d62.jpg

*Not the best pictures, but there were complications. And as requested by 2 brothers, here is a group shot of what I have painted thus far:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P1280040_zpsf56bbf1c.jpg

Now back to work, I still have 5 marines to g smile.png C&C are of course welcome, especially on the fluff. I hope the Admins will forgive the "swear" in the first sentence, but I couldnt really find a good substitute sweat.gif

Very nice. You need to drill your bolters and the flamer, tough. msn-wink.gif

Anyway - can imageshack run out? I didnt know.

I know but I dont have a drill tongue.png But apparently yes, imageshack can run out its currently saying "you have 13 days left of free trial", which is strange since I have been using it for years now...

I really like the wear on them. As pointed out, it's not over the top. Most noticeable on the squad markings (especially the yellow stripes on the knees). I love the sergeant's helmet. Really well executed. Heck, even the basing is great with a nice contrast. This army will look great if you can keep that standard!

And you need to get a drill. verymad.gif They deserve to be able to shoot those guns.

Well, if you have been using it for years I should be safe. I started mine like 4 months ago =)

And go get the GW drill. It is not much of a fuss and gets the job done very nicely.

If you insist, I just took a look at it. Its not that expensive so I might get it next time I order from GW.

Archived