℧ Batle for Macragge ℧

GrandMagnus

Brother Galatian, II Tactical squad, II company, Ultramarines.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P1300020_zpscdad3adf.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P1300021_zpsa2c92783.jpg

Brother Galatius is a native of Tarentus nobility and has studied deeply into the word of the Codex Astartes, the traditions of the chapter, its history and other famous works of literature. He is at best a philosopher-warrior, who spends most of his off-duty time writting and reading. It is rumoured that he would be given the oportunity to join the chaplaincy, but he never recieved the chance. He died on Macragge during the first tyrannic war.

His equipment is the standard bolter of the Adeptus Astartes, the 75. Godwyn pattern, and his armour descendts from an ancient suit of modified MK II armour, a prestigious gift granted to him by the chapters armoury when he won the Honoris Maxima, as seen on his right pauldron.

Awesome, i've always loved Ultras with MkII armour.

Im also hoping that you painted these all years ago, and are slowly releasing the pictures. Otherwise you're churning these out at an incredible rate, haha. teehee.gif

Awesome, i've always loved Ultras with MkII armour.

Im also hoping that you painted these all years ago, and are slowly releasing the pictures. Otherwise you're churning these out at an incredible rate, haha. teehee.gif

Haha, Im a speed painter when I get excited about a project sweat.gif I got these about 2 weeks ago. And Mk II / III looks great on everyone, all the time.

Brothers Signatus and Tercon, II tactical, II company.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P2030018_zpsc1a396a2.jpg

Just 1 left! My next addition to the army will be the captains command squad for various reasons: I need a command squad, Im not planning any Ultramarine veterans, they fit perfectly for company veterans and they will give me a lot of additional bits.

Im thinking about removing the battle-damage on the marines, Im not entirely convinced by how they look. And I have a piece of fluff Im polishing and it will be posted alongside a group photo. Stay tuned.

C&C welcome, of course, :)

Question: for your battle damage, is it all painting, or are you actually nicking/scratching to surface before painting? Thanks!

Its just paint. But in the end I removed the battle damage, I wasnt satisfied with it and I need more practice.

CHAPTER 4.

+++ Red Hills, Macragge, 01:14 hours after the intial assault +++

The bolt pistol fired, releasing its deadly bullets into the mass of alien creatures at the same time as the sword severed arteries and limbs. It felt like mere minutes since the aliens had descended from the sky and yet the timer within his helmet indicated the battle had lasted for a little more than an hour. Romulos ducked under the creatures slash and impaled it on his blade. It let out a shriek and tried to bite after his neck but he gave it a quick smash with his forehead, craking its brow. It convulsed and spat a vile black icor from its mouth as it feel to the ground.

These creatures were new, bigger and stronger than the first xenos that attacked their lines, their eyes shined with a malign intelligence. A new one, armed with four long blades like scythes on its arms moved in towards him. - 'Come on you filth...' - He growled as he raised the pistol and sent off the last two rounds in its magazine, but with little effect. The first one hit the creatures armoured body and did little effect and the second missed. He dropped the gun and took the sword in both hands and aimed the tip towards the creatures weake abdomen, as the xenos, which earlier in the battle had been identified as “Tyranicus Tyranicii”, nicknamed warrior-specimen, tackled him. He dropped to the left, onto his knee and slicing the sword against the creature body, cutting deep a brutally, the swords energy field searing through the armourede back with ease. The alien howled and despite the brutal wound it managed to smack him in the chest with its tail, throwing the Ultramarine off balance. Romulo fell onto his back and roled just in time to avoid the piercing blade of the creature.

Before he could counter-attack the armoured body of an unknown Ultramarine tackled the creature with a powerful warcry, throwing it to the ground and tumbling with it down among the fighting forces. Romulos had no time to discover who his saviour had been for another two of the smaller creatures, indentified as “Gauntii Gladius”, came rushing forward. They were disposed off with relative ease compared to the alien warriors.

The vox opened up with a hiss of static within his helmet - 'Ser... Romulos. Sergeant Romu... do you hear me? This is sergeant Peleus, IV scou... squ... Enem... forces are retreating, I repeat, the enemy forces are retr...ng. They are fleeing southward, into the mountains. Pel... over and out.' -

He took a deep breath for the first time in what seemed like an enternity. He finally had time to look around. The field was litered with corpses of both xenos and auxilliary forces. He removed his helmet, ignoring the warnings of the changes in the weather for he knew that those low levels could not harm his enhanced body. He remembered the brother who saved him and turned hoping to find and thank him. What he saw was no image of glory and victory, for his squad was slowly forming a circle around two armoured bodies on the ground.

Valius was kneeling, holding his left arm as far as he could around Daceus back and holding his brothers left hand tight. He had removed both of their helmets and discarded them. His brother lay on the ground, missing his right arm to the elbow, three long and deep wounds stretching across his chest. He was taking rapid short breath, clinging to life with all his willpower. Valius sat there, sobbing, whispering to his brother. - 'No.. no... by the Emperor, don't leave me brother... please...' - Daceus tried to speak, tried to utter a few calming words for his brother but all that came up was a cough of blood as his organs started failing. Without breaking eye contact with his little brother, he let out his final breath of air, his life drained from his body. Valius started crying openly, carring not for what anybody might think. In this moment, all his training and doctrine as an Astartes, his ability to control his emotions, to control them, broke down. He held his big brothers body close to him, the rage slowly boiling in his blood.

'Don't leave me now brother... please...' - Brother Helixus approached and put a calming hand on his shoulder but he shook it off furiously. His brothers stood around him, making sure none would bother him in this moment, for they all knew the pain of loosing a friend, but none of them knew the pain of losing a brother. Finally, when pure hatred had taken over the sadness he let his brother on the ground and rose to his feet. Valius looked unpon the dead xenos lying next to Daceus and his grip tightened around the handle of his combat blade. He turned furiously, drawing the blade and pushing away the brothers who stood in his way, moving in increasing speed towards the mountains to which the xenos had fleed.

Romulos watched the scene with sadness as three of his battle-brothers held back the furious Valius. He had known the two brothers since they joined the 2nd company and always enjoyed their company. Though he could not comprehend the pain felt by Valius, he knew that he needed to control his anger, he would get his revenge. They all would. - 'Thank you for the life you gave me...' - He whispered as he took a last look upon his fallen comrade.

So, 1st squad is done and here is a group shot:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/MagnussenPB/P2060020_zpsf9d5e86f.jpg

Im curious to hear your comments and crititcs as always (as you can see I removed the battle damage, I was not really satisfied with it and it just bugged me). In the fluff, the whole sentimental part might feel a bit out of place considering they are Astartes and all that, but I just feel that even for space marines the loss of kin is a hard blow. 

And finally, on sunday I will order in the space marine sternguard to start working on the command squad, meanwhile I will use some of the left over pieces to practice diferent techniques and colour schemes, if you are interest in seeing it just tell me.

Thank you for your time :) Courage and honour.

Vaz: Yup, Marines are still humans, thats what I like to think of them. They may be incredibly well trained and able to supress feelings and all that, but there a still things that surprise them and make them forget their training.

Ultra: Actually, I think the MK VII pads looks great on all armour marks, they have a very simple and fitting design.

Wostry: I basecoat them with Kantor blue, and I use highlights of Caledor Sky and Calgar blue (all from citadel). This is the guide I follow, it looks great: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m220363a_Captain_Sicarius_Painting_Masterclass

What always happens when I try to make and Ultramarine project has returned! I get bored of painting them. I love the chapter but I never seem able to finish a project. But I do have a DIY chapter that I have been putting off for nearly a year now, so when the command squad arrives I am going to experiment a bit with one of them and figure out if I can finish this BofM project or what Im going to do.

So please be patient and if I eventually change my project I hope I will recieve the same support.

I just wanted to inform that I will be continuing this project, the XIIIth won in the end :D All hail the sons of Macragge! (This is mostly because my own DIY chapter involves yellow paint and after doing a test model I remembered how much of a pain in the :cuss yellow is...).

Archived