Ravenwing bike question

darkangel1030

Hey all, I have a box of Ravenwing bikers from at least a decade ago. Intsead of the poles with feathers on the back that come in the DV box, RWBK, etc., only the sgt had one and the other two had flags. I am also lacking the extra bits above the handle bars and bolter/plasma guns. Now if I build them and add one or two to a squad, they will stick out. My thought was to say that they are recent inductees to the RW, and they haven't earned their spurs yet. After a certain amount of time , they are allowed to add more to their bikes. I haven't read anything much about this, and wondered if anyone thinks this sounds ok. Thanks, take care.

Mine are a mixture. I don't worry overmuch about it, but I do try to tweak the older ones slightly with some of the add-ons from other kits, like saddlebags etc. I quite like the idea that in elite forces like Ravenwing and Deathwing, each Space Marine has considerable personalisation of their gear.

That said, you can often pick up spare RW sprues cheaply (I often buy them on eBay), so you could probably get the extra bits if you wanted to.

I find it reasonable and logical and personally I like idea of RW members need to proove their worthiness by earning all those extra frilly things :D. I don't think it really counts as proxying aslong you paint them like ravenwing and not like white scars. But those poles and bits don't cost much in net, if you have a change of heart sometimes.

I have added RW bits like pistols, holsters, and other bits. I know after I get enough kits I'll have all the bits I need, but my 19 mo old girl has been in the ICU for the last few months so money is really tight and I'm using what I have.

yeah totally don't worry about it.  I put an entire squad together in an afternoon while watching a baseball game, it was only after I primed the first 3 that I realized I totally forgot the "wings" on the front and the teleport homers on the back.  To salvage them I just glued some of the DA bike bits to the front wheel cover.  If I didn't have them though I wouldn't worry.

I like the idea of the new inductees, especially since we don't have scout bikers, they gotta start somewhere!

Archived