Victory points and the Boon Table.

Andhil

Now, in my game today, a Champion of mine was "rewarded" with Spawnhood. Now this raised the question regarding victory points.

Does the Spawn count for a seperate Victory point when it's killed, or not?

It's not exactly explained decently in the codex. We also checked the Daemons codex, where a roll on the Warp Storm Table can bring extra Daemons on the table, and here it is explained clearly that these spawned units count for a victory point.

Now, we assume the answer is that the Spawn does count for a seperate VP, but I just wanted to check with some of the more veteran CSM players.

Anyway, a big thanks.gif in advance.

"The Champion only counts as killed once this spawn is removed from the table"

Seems pretty cut and dry, spawning the champ/lord doesnt give away a VP unless the spawn is also killed. The spawn is not worth a VP.

He's talking about the fact that the spawn/prince forms a seperate unit.

So yes, like SM combat squads, a spawn/prince is an additional possible point for your opponent, above what you started with.

"The Champion only counts as killed once this spawn is removed from the table"

Seems pretty cut and dry, spawning the champ/lord doesnt give away a VP unless the spawn is also killed. The spawn is not worth a VP.

He's talking about the fact that the spawn/prince forms a seperate unit.

So yes, like SM combat squads, a spawn/prince is an additional possible point for your opponent, above what you started with.

In the description for Spawnhood it specifically says it does not count as an addition VP or anything, just whatever the model who turned into a spawn was worth. . . So no, no extra points are given for it.

Hmm....

Let's go by examples:

An Aspiring champion gets turned into a Spawn, his squad gets wacked then is killed himself=1VP, as 1 Squad is killed.

Or

same situation only=2VP as the Spawn counts as a separate unit.

This is a confusing issue..geek.gif

Hmm....

Let's go by examples:

An Aspiring champion gets turned into a Spawn, his squad gets wacked then is killed himself=1VP, as 1 Squad is killed.

Or

same situation only=2VP as the Spawn counts as a separate unit.

This is a confusing issue..geek.gif

if you read the entire entry for it, it is NOT confusing tongue.png

It specifically says that the new Spawn is NOT worth any VPs. . . Just read the entry =x

Too add onto this, it says that the Champion does NOT count as dead until the spawn is killed. So really the opponent does not even get a VP for the unit being wiped out if your Champ got turned into a spawn :P

In the description for Spawnhood it specifically says it does not count as an addition VP or anything, just whatever the model who turned into a spawn was worth. . . So no, no extra points are given for it.

I'm not finding that. What I do find is this:

"The champion is now a separate, unengaged, non-scoring unit that retains none of the champion's special rules or wargear."

It's a seperate unit. Once that seperate unit is removed in its entitity, it yields a VP.

The only VP restriction I see is that the champ is not dead until the spawn is dead. Once the spawn is dead, that seperate unit is dead.

"The champion is now a separate, unengaged, non-scoring unit that retains none of the champion's special rules or wargear."

It's a seperate unit. Once that seperate unit is removed in its entitity, it yields a VP.

The only VP restriction I see is that the champ is not dead until the spawn is dead. Once the spawn is dead, that seperate unit is dead.

Agreed, that line is not in the codex, Smurf.

After some re-reading, it does say a separate unit is created, and I am therefore inclined to say it awards a separate VP, as per Fibonacci.

Agreed, that line is not in the codex, Smurf.

After some re-reading, it does say a separate unit is created, and I am therefore inclined to say it awards a separate VP, as per Fibonacci.

Blah, you are correct. . . Time for me to go cry about something else :P

Archived