In desperate need of answers- please help

Ch@oZ

Hi everybody. I'm currently scratchbuilding two things based on two different papercraft templates and seeing that there are sizing discrepancies between them I need Your help. So here are my questions:

1. Is the clear canopy on the storm talon and the dark talon/nephilim jetfighter the same size? I assume they are, but the templates say otherwise (~20% difference seems suspicious). Pictured below- stormtalon top, nephilim bottom. Woot?

gallery_63508_9200_304527.jpg

2. Can anyone in possession of a dark talon/nephilim verify that the following pictures show a model at the right size, please?

gallery_63508_9200_113041.jpg

gallery_63508_9200_76032.jpg

(just in case) 15 cm= 6 inches

I'd be much obliged for any assistance in this matter. Or any pictures of the original models (or just parts thereof), especially the canopy (canopies?) next to a ruler/any measuring device.

Storm Talon 

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2390199a_99120101094_StormTalon01_445x319.jpg

Dark Talon

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2860299a_99120101095_DarkTalon01_873x627.jpg

The pictures certainly *appear* to be the same canopy, but it's possible that the variance comes from the paper templates being slightly a different scale?

Cheers,

Jono

I've since discovered where the discrepancy stems from- the fact, that the little sunshade the dark talon canopy has on the top has a 2-2,5mm thickness, but the paper template assumes, that the canopy goes straight down, directly from the rear wall of the cockpit. Essentially, they've made the dark canopy "oversize", assuming your building materials have no thickness whatsoever.

Can anyone in possession of a dark talon/nephilim verify that the following pictures show a model at the right size, please?

Yep, looks right to me.  Absolutely phenomenal that you are building that from scratch using templates.  The canopies between the two models should be exactly the same. 

Archived