The Lion and the Wolf

The Milkman Of Baal

Well met brothers. I have a game coming up and I am fighting alongside a friend of mine (2 Vs 1 thing) who’s just started a Space Puppy army and it’s his outing with them. I was wondering what the correct procedures were for carrying out the honour duel before battle, any bit of fluff or rules that have worked for anyone. Cheers!

It is typically fought by the Company Hero, so one of the Wolf Guard vs one of the DA vets? Failing WG/Vets you could go Warlord vs Warlord, as an Honour Duel I'd do it without weapons (representing fists/training weapons) to the first unsaved wound to represent "first blood".

As for the entire concept of actually 'playing' the Honour Duel, I've never heard of it being done before, but I like it. It's certainly fluffy and a bit of added fun.

Cheers,

Jono

I've done this with a mate of mine. I don't take Company Champions so I used a Command Squad Veteran and he used a Wolf Guard. Fought it out just using their base characteristics before the game (so no weapons at all). The winner got bragging rights but nothing more.

You could use modified 2nd ed cc rules.

A dues is done like this them:

1. Each chapter gives a champion, in PA (the tradition )

2. each combatant rolls a number of dice equal to his A characteristic

3, They both choose the highest number rolled  (so DA rolls a 2,3,5 -and picks a 5) , (and SW rolls 2,4,6 -and picks a 6)

4. Then they add their Ws to their respective scores

5. Any 6s rolled add +1 to total score,any 1s substract -1 to total score

6. Then, compare the two scores and the winner rolls a number of to wound rolls equal to the difference between their two scores

7. A 6 rolled together with a 1 cancel each other out

Example:

Brother Eriel and Brother Erik  are dueling and the dues starts.   Eriel has 2 attacks and an extra attack for 2 open fists. Erik has 3 attack base + 1 for 2 open fists.

Eriel rolls 3 dice and gets 6,4,1 - his WS is 4.  His total score is 8.  He rolled a 6  and a 1 - so they are noth ignored.  His total score is  Ws 4+ 4= 8

Erik rolls 2,6,4.   His total score is Ws 4+6+1 =11  (a six rolled gives him a further +1).

Erik beats Eriel in the first round.  He now rolls 3 to wound rolls.  Erik  wounds Eriel on a roll of 4.  Rolls a 3,2,5- inflicting one wound.  Eriel has power armor and has to roll to save , which he does,rolling a 6.  

I would use that- it's fun

That's an incredibly good idea Chaplain Lucifer. When I did it, it was a spur of the moment thing like "wouldn't it be cool if?" so we didn't bother with additional rules or consequences (I was actually allied with the Wolves player at the time!) but the Leadership idea is brilliant, and very fluffy I believe.

I have an Apocalypse game coming up at the end of February where I will (hopefully) be allied with him again. I don't care if it leaves our team disadvantaged, I am definitely suggesting this!

Some fantastic ideas guys cheers! Garath that 2nd edition sounds like fun and I always like an excuse to breakout my 2nd edition rule book and codex imperials. I shall put forward what you guys have suggested, I'm allied with him so I don't know if he'll (haha heal, good boy!) go with a modifier. It's not for a couple of weeks yet but I'll def let you know what we did and the outcome of it!

Oh man, I love the Lion and the Wolf. I have played versus 2 Chaos players often with a SW buddy of mine, and we always have a honour duel.

We just select 1 HQ per side and start assault with models at base to base. It might not be the most balanced thing around, but hell it's fun. We do this before the actual game, and the loser is forced to call the winner Sir for the duration of the match, haha. biggrin.png

Archived