Space Marine Commander

Bionicknees

Got myself through the christmas cold painting this fella, not really finished with him yet but was musing starting a army with this dude as a commander. So that was my News years resolution, but even with the best intentions a army is never gonna happen. or will it..... 

So kept myself to gaming standard paint job just in case I do muster the strength to give him some brothers and sisters. Thanks For Lookin!

Unadornment is generally quite un astartes-like especially for ranking individuals, thats said the simplicity of your chosen design and the smooth armour painting is a quality of its own and I tip my hat to you brother.

Great looking, smooth and with beautiful arty brush-work here and there is often prominent in Eldar vehicles and it's interesting to see how a space marine would look when painted with those techniques.

I second the desire to see an enture army of these!

Astartes-Ultra, I was going to say it's an almost Eldar like paint scheme - no offence intended to the SM Commander or OP! It is beautifully done. My initial reaction was that it was a bit bare, but that may just be that me judging by what I'm accustomed to seeing - on second and third looks, it was not as strong a reaction.

Well done on doing something quite different. What is the source of the spear he is holding?

Outstanding. Don't feel pressured to change the spartan, bare look he has going on, it sets him apart from a lot of other Chapters and dare I say it actually makes him look a little more realistic - I sometimes have a hard time believing all the crap SM commanders seem to carry around on their person (talking purely about bling of course).

My one constructive crit, and it is tiny, is that the pillar in the rearground has a slightly monotone look that makes it look a bit plastic. Some exaggerated shadows between the stones, cracks and highlights would fix this instantly I think.

I really hope you get the time to do at least a kill team of these guys - really great work.

Archived