Some Newbie DA Q's

Dark Haven

I apologize if these have been asked before, I am new to the DA. 

Page 64 – Power Field Generator

Add “If the bearer is embarked upon a Transport vehicle, the

powerfield’s effects only apply to models embarked upon that

vehicle”.

Q: The Standard of Devastation states that ‘all friendly Codex:

Dark Angels units within 6” of the standard treat their boltguns as

Salvo 2/4 weapons’. Which boltguns does this apply to? (p66)

A: This applies to the standard boltgun (24”range, S4, AP5,

Rapid Fire), twin-linked boltguns on bikes, the bolter

component of combi-weapons, and hurricane bolters.

My questions are as follows:

1. If only the embarked squad is affected by the powerfield, does that mean that the vehicle they are in doesn't get the 4++?

2. If I put the command squad with a Sacred Standard (Dev, Fort or Ret) in a dedicated transport, can they still effect my DA units within 6" or 12" respectively? Would I measure from the hull of the vehicle or would the squad have to disembark to give the benefit? 

3. A Veteran that is upgraded to an Apothecary cannot take any further upgrades? I believe that he cannot, am I right? 

1: Correct. The April FAQ gutted the PFG. Only the unit inside gets the 4++. Horrible FAQ.

2: Yes. The banner does extend from the vehicles hull. Thankfully the April FAQ didn't kill this too.

3: Correct. Unlike C:SM Apoths ours only have a CCW. I don't know why... it makes no sense, but what can you do?

@andrewclark85 - I'm not sure what Codex you're looking at but for Command Squads mine says "Any Veteran may replace his chainsword and/or bolt pistol with a:" not "Any model", and nothing in any official FAQ I've seen has altered that wording.

And about the PFG nerf... First it's a horrible errata that Goes against the BRB where is stated that area effects spread from the hull of a transport... Second the FAQ strangely appeared when the Tau codex came out and if you notice tau have problema to deal with armour 14 so i think GW nerfed PFG to give tau less problems to be the dominating codex in Order to sell more gundams... :P

Dont worry shabbadoo... They Will fix it in the next orks codex from cover to 5++...

In GW design team the nerf stick carries only the DA badge...

We all should Know that GD are players before GD and they Write codices according personal tastes (if Ward loves GK then he Will Write them)...

I guess there is no DA fan in the Design studio so they give DA to Vetock (the younger 40k GD) and he rushed the book in Order to work on His beloved Tau... This is why DA are flat normal and tau is OP... ;)

Archived