Deathwing Dreadnought

ScootyPuffJunior

• 3 months later...

Beautiful. May I ask how you made the base?

The rocks are made from cork sheets with multiple sizes of basing grit glued down to give it a little extra texture. The I-beam is a piece of plastistrut I found in a local hobby shop.The rocks were primed black with progressively light shades of grey drybrushed on it to give it depth. The dirt was made with a wash made out a couple different earth tone pigments and water and the little shrubs are grass tufts from Army Painter.

All and all a pretty easy base to make without anything really fancy.

@ScootyPuffJunior: Really liking your work, its very clean and crisp! The "bone" tone is spot on for Deathwing in my opinion, which can be quite hard to achieve! :)

The only feedback I can give you is that maybe think of playing around a bit more with the exhausts colouring? The photo's probably don't do them justice I reckon, but a little smoke or ash waste on the ends?

Other than that is very pretty, the basing is great and tidy too!

Well done!

BCC

@ScootyPuffJunior: Really liking your work, its very clean and crisp! The "bone" tone is spot on for Deathwing in my opinion, which can be quite hard to achieve! smile.png

The only feedback I can give you is that maybe think of playing around a bit more with the exhausts colouring? The photo's probably don't do them justice I reckon, but a little smoke or ash waste on the ends?

Other than that is very pretty, the basing is great and tidy too!

Well done!

BCC

Thank you!

Funny you should mention the exhaust; after I took these pictures I decided I didn't like the copper-colored exhaust stacks so I went back and painted them with a mix of gunmetal and rust paint. I added a little soot with some black weathering powder as well. The end result looks much better and if I ever get around to taking another picture of it I'll be sure to post it here.

The model is really quite beutiful and your paintjob is really incredible. I am curious about the exposed metal on the legs, they have a less metallic appearence to them which I think works really well with the melded color of yellow-white typical of this style of army. How did you do the legs?

The model is really quite beutiful and your paintjob is really incredible. I am curious about the exposed metal on the legs, they have a less metallic appearence to them which I think works really well with the melded color of yellow-white typical of this style of army. How did you do the legs?

Thank you!

As far as the legs go, are you talking about the "crotch" area and the circular "hips?" If you are, the answer is easy: I painted it the same way as the bone armor. The rest of the leg assemblies were painted with gunmetal and given a black oil wash and sprayed with a matte varnish to tone the metallic luster down.

Archived