Daemon's of Chaos Army Wip

Glory to the Dark Gods!!! devil.gif

Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread to show everyone my progress and keep myself motivated. I am working on a forces of chaos army that will encompass the variety of the immortal and mortal forces of the dark gods.

I have begun with the daemons of nurgle.

At this point, I have 40 plaguebearers, 3 plague drones, 6 beasts of nurgle (3 assembled and 3 unassembled), 1 herald of nurgle, and 1 great unclean one:

Here are some pictures:

My next step will be to finish the beasts of nurgle and the great unclean one in addition to assembling another 10 plaguebearers. We'll see where we'll go after that smile.png (maybe soul grinders)

Thank you for the help Ch@oz smile.png

Upload your images to your gallery here (drop down list, top left corner, next to your avatar) then click on the "image" icon while posting. Remember to get the direct link to your image by either inspecting images source in your gallery or opening it in a new window (with nothing except the image). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! For the last two days, I've worked on a herald of nurgle on a palanquin. I think it worked well, but I would love your feedback. :D

I used the nurglings base and the Epidemius model to form the palanquin itself. The herald is the warhammer nurgle chaos lord and the nurgle herald model fused together with some green stuff. I gave him a head from the plaguebearers sprue. 

Db1

Db2

Db3

Db4

Db5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It LIVES!!!!

Hi everyone! Sorry its been so long since the last update. I just about have my nurgle daemons built (just need a soul grinder) and am working on some tzeentch, khorne, and slaanesh daemons to keep them company. smile.png

My army, packed and ready for transport (thanks tablewar):

photo 4

My portalglyph and two objective markers:

photo 3

Plague Drones:

Screen Shot 2014 06 27 At 5.12.38 PM

Horrors:

photo 6

photo 10

Flamers and Screamers:

photo 7

Prototype Blood throne:

photo 9

Prototype daemonettes:

photo 2

As always C&C welcome :D

Looking good.

I'd love to get larger pictures to be able to give you C&C.

I think it's a little bit too monochromatic. Unless it's what you were aiming for.

A restricted color palette can be tricky.

I think the palanquin deserve a little bit more highlights, like orange in the rusted bell for example or/and an OSL effect.

The skin of the rider should be cleared or differentiated from the carriers. Have different color skins for the carriers too. Unless Papa Nurgle made them all equal.

They look too similar on a small photo.

The banners could benefit from a better treatment like freehand or lettering or decals even. It's a character after all. A turquoise banner in a Jeff Vader style would pop for sure.

Add details like roman numbers on the skulls. or a big I for inquisitor, or cabalistic markings on them.

highlighting the horns would be great. using a dark/black blue you could really create a contrast with the brown wash you used for the skin. Even have a gloss on them would work making them more organic.

Just my 2 cents…J

Archived